The Student Room Group
January past papers and if you look at the AQA teachers science forum they have this information, alongside a govenment petition against the fact that there is a diminishing amount of mathematics in physics :smile:
Reply 2
I dont know... Everyone is on about unit P3 also.. and im doing P2.. so i dont know whether i need them or not either.... but tbh, its better that you learn them so incase they arn't on there..
It is printed on the exam papers.
Reply 4
I don't think anyone is sure, this is a new course right? I've never seen past papers with the formulas given on the inside of the front page, like in maths, so I'm just gonna learn them all.
I do AQA Additional Science, I only do 1 exam for each Physics, Biology & Chemistry.
Reply 5
I'm a bit confused by this thread. I'm doing AQA additional science - in the specimen paper and CGP practise papers a lot of marks were based around simply knowing a formula.
Reply 6
For our mocks, we did the papers that people sat in January (Additional science) and they did have the formulas on so we assume it will be the same for this paper as AQA can't just vary the difficulty from paper to paper.
Reply 7
Our teacher emailed AQA and they said we don't need to learn the formulas. They replied after a month...
I still wouldnt trust it regardless of what people said. Just learn it.
Reply 9
Well, if AQA themselves have said it then I guess thats pretty certain that we don't have to learn them...
Reply 10
Hello!

For AQA Additional (P2) we dont need to know them, because people who do triple science (core/additional/further) did their additional in january, and the equations were on the paper:

ie. 'question question question question question'
use the following equation to help you with your answer.

a = b x c

.................................................................................................

.................................................................................................
( 3 marks)
hope that helps, and good luck everyone! :biggrin:
Reply 11
But what about for Unit 3, I'm doing Unit 2 and 3 and I dont need to learn forumlae for either?
Reply 12
/naomi
Hello!

For AQA Additional (P2) we dont need to know them, because people who do triple science (core/additional/further) did their additional in january, and the equations were on the paper:

ie. 'question question question question question'
use the following equation to help you with your answer.

a = b x c

( 3 marks)
hope that helps, and good luck everyone! :biggrin:

god thats really annoying, I spent ages yesterday learning them formulas! I suspect the questions will now be a lot harder, considering the formulas are given, I'm so rubbish at those confusing situations they give you "a crane lifts some ****, whats the resultant force/momentum/power" argh :frown:
When i did the P2 test i learned every formula only for them to be already included.
Reply 14
I was talking about P2 btw, i don't know about P3 :frown:
can someone give a link to exactly where it says on the AQA website that we get given the formulas?
It is in the AQA syllabus:

Quote from syllabus:

For the Physics written papers, when a formula is required to answer a
question, the formula or formulae will be given in that question.
However, candidates may be asked to identify the units.

Latest