Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    60.50%
    not helpful
    39.50%

• 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckycat)
    Hi everyone, I'm in the process of finishing my EPQ now and I've realised I've gone over the 5000 words by about 300 words or so. Does anyone know if I'll get penalised for this?
    As long as it is relevant it dosent matter at all. I wrote about 11000 words :/ and still got an A*. Good Luckkk
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I'm in the process of finishing my EPQ now and I've realised I've gone over the 5000 words by about 300 words or so. Does anyone know if I'll get penalised for this?

(Original post by TitchTheAntiHero)
    I hope not! mines at aboutt 6500ish and thats without a conclusion or abstract D:
    Yeah, the guy above me is right, it doesn't matter as long as it's not waffle. I'm doing mine on philosophical perspectives in popular culture. Just finishing my section on Lost. I planned to do aorund 800 words on each section and it's already 2384

You're really far ahead compared to the people at my school!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TitchTheAntiHero)
    I hope not! mines at aboutt 6500ish and thats without a conclusion or abstract D:
    I still have to write my conclusion and abstract too, I expect mine to be closer to 6000 words when I'm finished.

(Original post by Jackkkkk)
    As long as it is relevant it dosent matter at all. I wrote about 11000 words :/ and still got an A*. Good Luckkk
    Wow, well done! Thank you
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemolitionLovers)
    Yeah, the guy above me is right, it doesn't matter as long as it's not waffle. I'm doing mine on philosophical perspectives in popular culture. Just finishing my section on Lost. I planned to do aorund 800 words on each section and it's already 2384 You're really far ahead compared to the people at my school!
    Really? At my school everyone's pretty much finished and a lot have already done their presentations. I've got mine in a couple of weeks and starting to get pretty nervous about it Good luck with your EPQ
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DemolitionLovers)
    Yeah, the guy above me is right, it doesn't matter as long as it's not waffle. I'm doing mine on philosophical perspectives in popular culture. Just finishing my section on Lost. I planned to do aorund 800 words on each section and it's already 2384

You're really far ahead compared to the people at my school!
    to be fair some people have just finished the literature review in my school :P
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope there's a 10% tolerance so 5500 is okay
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone PLEASE provide a good list of slides that I need to include in my presentation? I have a rough idea but I just need to know if what i'm doing is right!
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashtiany)
    Can someone PLEASE provide a good list of slides that I need to include in my presentation? I have a rough idea but I just need to know if what i'm doing is right!
    What you did (Title)
    Why you chose it/subjects related to
    An overview of the research you did and putting concisely what you learnt-USE SPECIFIC LANGUAGE, and explain it. For example, I did film, I used the term ECU, which I then explained in its context.
    A conclusion (if there is one)
    What you would do differently/success? Failure? What you learnt.
    Time for questions, which you should answer in depth, using knowledge learned.

If you type in EPQ presentation into google, there should be a pdf file that might be of more use than me..did mine today and did one last year
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Nope there's a 10% tolerance so 5500 is okay
    Thanks very much
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenMan)
    What you did (Title)
    Why you chose it/subjects related to
    An overview of the research you did and putting concisely what you learnt-USE SPECIFIC LANGUAGE, and explain it. For example, I did film, I used the term ECU, which I then explained in its context.
    A conclusion (if there is one)
    What you would do differently/success? Failure? What you learnt.
    Time for questions, which you should answer in depth, using knowledge learned.

If you type in EPQ presentation into google, there should be a pdf file that might be of more use than me..did mine today and did one last year
    Thank you!!
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    What is included in the word count? Does it include titles, footnotes, bibliography?
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    One thing I would suggest is in your presentation make a slide describing aventues of research you did NOT peruse... or areas you decided not to include in the project and why?

This gets you lots of evaluation points
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me i am doing the EPQ. i want to do it on law as i hope to study it at university but i cannot come up with a title i want to do it on law and black history/rights and also something preferably on the uk e.g brixton riots. Please Help any other suggestions on law are welcome as i dont really mind as long as it is on law.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    BUMP
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    woop my presentation went well and even though I was terrified it was okay, yayayayay
    onto conclusion next
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    would the topic of the legalization of cannabis be suitable for a EPQ based on law??
    • 37 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyangelg)
    would the topic of the legalization of cannabis be suitable for a EPQ based on law??
    I suppose so as long as you are able to write about 5000 words for it then I dont see why not
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Could anyone give me some suggestions on any EPQ subjects that I could do relating to psychology?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm interested in doing an EPQ in economics but I'm struggling to come up with a topic. I'd like to do it on something from micro, rather than a more obvious macro subject like 'the recession'.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello party people -.-

Anyway, im in year 12 thinking of doing EPQ on the exploitation of hydrocarbons or something like that, any ideas? Would be much appreciated

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 16, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.