Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
Become part of the Welcome Squad! Apply here! 28-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    60.70%
    not helpful
    39.30%

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamie3009)
    I understand that AQA use Turnitin for doing the plaigirism check on moderated extended project scripts. My question is that because i have used quotes in my project, will the scanner show it as plaigirism and does a person check anything turnitin shows up afterwards against my list of sources as i have listed the source of the quotes in my bibliography so it isnt really plaigirism?
    You should use footnotes to indicate where the quotes came from. It's perfectly fine to use quotes as long as you put the proper credit.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What does everyone think of this question, will I be able to get Primary Information?

"How effective is swearing as a form of pain relief?"
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I have to write an essay or produce an artifact for my extended project. I want to base it on forensic science.

Any ideas??:confused:
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps 5000 words on 'the development of forensic science in regard to the Police and the Law' or something like that?

I would definitely suggest talking to your tutor about it, they will be able to help you pick a title that is broad enough for the essay but focused enough to avoid being overwhelmed with information. I assume you would do an essay rather than an artifact if you're doing forensics, but again, speak to your tutor about it.

Good luck
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shellcoupland1)
    Any ideas??
    Oh and welcome to :tsr:
    • 90 followers

How about something like how forensics are used in law to aid convictions, or the extend of reliability of a certain forensic technique such as fingerprints, or toolmark impressions/blood splatter or of the like?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks for the suggestions

I will talk to my tutor again but at least now i have some ideas! the development of forensic science could be good if i focus on a specific area. And the idea of reliabilty could come into that? good job guys!
    • 90 followers

Take it from me, regardless you will have to focus on a specific area; I'm spending the most part of 3 years learning forensics. You only have a few thousand words to discuss an argument.

If you need any help, don't be afraid to ask. Best of luck!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    thanks! and wow thats really awesome, do you enjoy it because I am considering a future career in forensics?
    • 90 followers

(Original post by shellcoupland1)
    thanks! and wow thats really awesome, do you enjoy it because I am considering a future career in forensics?
    If you want me to be honest, I'm enjoying some aspects, but the things like crime scene investigation etc I really hate! I only really did this course for the chemistry from an unusual angle. However some of it is very interesting.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    hhmmm, yeah I guess some parts could be better than others but then i think i'm doing the chemistry for the forensics instead of the forensics for the chemistry lol
    thanks for all the help
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I am currently studying A levels in maths,chemistry, physics and biology and would like to study pharmacologyy or immunolgy at university. I was thinking of doin the extended project on "The effect of global warming on disease" but wasn't sure if this was too broad and if so what experiment could I do relevant to this?
    Thanks for any help
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ACJ~)
    Hi,
    I am currently studying A levels in maths,chemistry, physics and biology and would like to study pharmacologyy or immunolgy at university. I was thinking of doin the extended project on "The effect of global warming on disease" but wasn't sure if this was too broad and if so what experiment could I do relevant to this?
    Thanks for any help
    It is slightly to broad, what specific diseases?
    For you project you could try and contact processors in the relevant field at your local university. Try searching on the internet if there is currently reserach going on as we speak trying to find out if there is a link. Whatever you chose make sure you can write 1000/5000 word essay on the topic
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I was thinking maybe malaria, but I wasnt sure if I could write lots about it, thats why I was trying to make it more broad... And thanks that sounds like a good idea to contact uni's
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by translucent)
    It is slightly to broad, what specific diseases?
    For you project you could try and contact processors in the relevant field at your local university. Try searching on the internet if there is currently reserach going on as we speak trying to find out if there is a link. Whatever you chose make sure you can write 1000/5000 word essay on the topic
    Also have u got any idea's on how to make it broader? Or any other extended projects subjects I could do that I could involve a science experiment with?
    Many thanks
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~ACJ~)
    Hi,
    Thanks for any help
    ^5
    I'm doing mine (loosely) on Global warming too

It's nice to have such a popular and current topic
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    really really really need help.
    if i make a poster what level of detail should it be in?
    also i understand that if you make a poster you have to give in a 1000 word essay, so what has to be on that?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    ^5
    I'm doing mine (loosely) on Global warming too

It's nice to have such a popular and current topic
    What is the title of urs then??? And I thought it was gud to do it on a current topic too but as I want to study pharmacology I wasn't sure whether it was relevant?!?!?
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    Well I want to study Natural sciences myself, in particular chemsitry, but I'm hoping mine should be a talking point for an interview

"To what extent is CCS (Carbon capture and sequestration) a feasible and effective method of carbon abatement in China relative to Hydroelectric power, whilst still meeting China's growing energy demands."
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messara2)
    really really really need help.
    if i make a poster what level of detail should it be in?
    also i understand that if you make a poster you have to give in a 1000 word essay, so what has to be on that?
    A poster itself might not be enough to get high marks-perhaps create a portfolio, where in it you have brainstorm ideas-draw different ideas. Create pages that have pictures you could use, then pages on fonts and label what effect this has. the 1000 words is the research you did and why you chose the fonts/pictures etc. you did. It's like the 5000 word essay, just condensed-you still need referencing.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 30, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Join the TSR Halloween party...if you dare!

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.