Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    60.44%
    not helpful
    39.56%

• 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I really need some help right now. My EPQ is due in tomorrow (or today, whichever way you want to look at it) but I haven't finished it. I was wondering when it is the centres actually have to send it? Because I know that I can do it during the Easter and improve it to get a better grade than what it seems like I will get at the moment, but I'm just wondering if getting an extension will be a good idea. Thanks.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pensivedore)
    Hey guys, I really need some help right now. My EPQ is due in tomorrow (or today, whichever way you want to look at it) but I haven't finished it. I was wondering when it is the centres actually have to send it? Because I know that I can do it during the Easter and improve it to get a better grade than what it seems like I will get at the moment, but I'm just wondering if getting an extension will be a good idea. Thanks.
    I know my reply is a bit late but your centre won't have to sent it off until around the start of May. We are allowed to change bits over the holidays, and we aren't doing our presentations until the week after we get back so the exam boards obviously don't need it until a few weeks after that.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I put my topic down today -

''To what extent is Epileptic seizure the result of visual stimuli''
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm interested in 80's (Thatcher's) politics & economics, and how it has affected Britain. Could you please suggest some good research titles for me to delve into.

THANK YOU!

<3 x

EDIT: Why the negs? I'm doing this specific subject because it's a point of contention. Which is the whole point of an EPQ. No?
    • 55 followers

ReputationRep:
    ^you could try comping thatcher to another prime minister, party leader or ruler of another country.

Comparing and "to what extent" questions are quite nice because they give you the chance to get some good evaluation in to reach the higher marks
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JadeVictoria)
    I know my reply is a bit late but your centre won't have to sent it off until around the start of May. We are allowed to change bits over the holidays, and we aren't doing our presentations until the week after we get back so the exam boards obviously don't need it until a few weeks after that.
    Hey! Thanks for your reply. My supervisor has given me until the end of Easter holidays now to complete my essay and everything. So happy about this!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm thinking about doing mine around the area of the Labour Party - perhaps about why it was formed or maybe about the creation of the welfare state but I'm not really sure what my title should be. Any ideas?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    OMG my extended project is complete!!
    I hope all the hard work will pay off. Fingers crossed!!
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    Finished at last :P

I hope it gets an A*

...oh who am i kidding? I know it'll get an A*
    (Original post by ruairidh64)
    Hey, I'm thinking about doing mine around the area of the Labour Party - perhaps about why it was formed or maybe about the creation of the welfare state but I'm not really sure what my title should be. Any ideas?
    To what extent has the welfare state been eroded since it's creation in 1945?

..could work out well, especially with all the reforms surrounding the NHS recently
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    What a relief to have finally finished. I hope now that I get a decent grade because I put so much work into it.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    What time of the year were you guys entered for the EPQ?
    • 9 followers

ReputationRep:
    I finally handed in my report last week. I have well over the 5000 words, closer to 20000...I know I will probably lose marks for this, how much?

Also, any advice on the presentation? Mines coming up quicky, and I've got no clue what to include - anyone who's done theirs and who would be willing to send me it would be amazing!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    I feel like my EPQ "lessons" are a complete waste of time. None of us know what we're going to do, and so far all we've done is a gantt chart on producing 200 leaflets (???) and a brainstorm of how to present the topic of "Why do young people take drugs?" I'd much rather be talking about getting our questions for our projects.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    So, I've noticed a lot of peolpe are doing the EPQ, I was just wondering do you get offered to it if you're smart enough? Do you ask to do it? what grades do you need to do it? errrrm, if anyone's done it before, what did you do yours on?

A lot of questions but it just sounds interesting
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    some schools offer it as a lesson, some offer it as something to do in a free period, others say everyone has to do it.

You'd don't need any specific grades to do it.

I did mine on the use of robotics in delivering aid to wartorn and third world countries.

When you choose what to do it on, be careful, some topics you'll find extremely difficult to reach the word count, others like mine, you'll find that you can't put in as much detail as you'd like due to the word count limit.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    My experience with it has been horrendus but thats mainly beauase of my schools entire lack of motivation for the EPQ. Something I wish I had been informed about before I took it....:unimpressed:

I did about the soical history of tea and hopefully will be getting a good grade even though I had to teach myself about what the specifications are ect...

The actual project (should) help with skills such as independant learning, research and presentation. It is not recognized by universities however does count towards ucas points.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    My EPQ title is “The planning and the evaluation of the Sixth Form leavers' prom.” I've created a portfolio of stuff decided so far and how we've raised money from parties etc etc etc, as well as this I've made an online blog, because the event hasn't happened yet (which I knew when I took up the EPQ).

I have my presentation in a few weeks and I haven't the foggiest what I need to put in it the basis of the event is planned and the most of it is done, but what am I meant to actually talk about in my presentation because this book my teacher gave me to help us is actually *******s!

Can anyone help please ?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wait, if you go above 5,000 words do you lose marks?
    • 12 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ninegrandstudent)
    I finally handed in my report last week. I have well over the 5000 words, closer to 20000...I know I will probably lose marks for this, how much?

Also, any advice on the presentation? Mines coming up quicky, and I've got no clue what to include - anyone who's done theirs and who would be willing to send me it would be amazing!
    http://prezi.com/i9enjfmm6xcy/should...ecriminalized/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I still can't quite decide what my EPQ title should be! I know that I want to do some kind of comparison between medicine and surgery based treatments. But I can't quite decide which disease I want to focus on! Does anyone have any ideas? Any help!!!??

PS, Like the idea of Cardio or Neuro, so any diseases that have enough literature in one of those areas would be completely awesome.

Thanks for any help

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 24, 2014
New on TSR

Exclusive Nick Clegg interview

Your questions answered by the deputy prime minister

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.