Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    60.70%
    not helpful
    39.30%

• 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    So, i really want to do the epq but I really don't know which area of medicine to hone in on, any interesting suggestions?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know when's the latest you can be entered for the EPQ? I'm currently in year 12
    • 30 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone confirm if the 5000 words includes references or not, or does it have to be 5000 of your own words??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    i was forced into doing this last yr cos i never got any work experience. i thought it would be easy doing a 5000word essay. BUT i dont want to do a presentation. i cant present. i get all scared and nervous like im bout to have a fit. lol.. Does anyone know whether its a MUST to present?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaze008)
    i was forced into doing this last yr cos i never got any work experience. i thought it would be easy doing a 5000word essay. BUT i dont want to do a presentation. i cant present. i get all scared and nervous like im bout to have a fit. lol.. Does anyone know whether its a MUST to present?
    Your presentation is marked out of 10 (at my college anyway, it may differ), which goes towards your final grade for the EPQ-therefore it is a must to do it. I get nervous too, but if you really feel you can't do it in front of loads of people, ask your teacher if it can be just them and a few of your friends-that way it is a more comfortable setting for you. And practise it loads, if you know what you're going to say, you'll feel more confident in it.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could you please fill in my questionnaire

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/25CD27Z

Thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Could you fill in my short questionnaire please?

Thank you

http://kwiksurveys.com?s=LLEKLH_a095dd79
    • 11 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silverland)
    ^you could try comping thatcher to another prime minister, party leader or ruler of another country.

Comparing and "to what extent" questions are quite nice because they give you the chance to get some good evaluation in to reach the higher marks
    Thank you.

<3 x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hello to whoever is reading this!

My EPQ is due in on Monday and I've pretty much finished it. But I still have a few questions:

-did you guys number your pages?
    -did you include an index at the start?
    -did you have a cover for your EPQ? (if so what should it contain)

I just need to polish it now. Any help is much appreciated!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if there's a maximum word count for the Dissertation.

Not just a recommended number ? and is this figure including references or not.
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knowledgable_Power)
    Hello to whoever is reading this!

My EPQ is due in on Monday and I've pretty much finished it. But I still have a few questions:

-did you guys number your pages?
    -did you include an index at the start?
    -did you have a cover for your EPQ? (if so what should it contain)

I just need to polish it now. Any help is much appreciated!
    Hello! First of all, well done on finishing it!

For my EPQ last year I did number my pages and also included an index at the start.
    I did put a cover, which basically had the title of my project, my name and my student number, centred and in a large font.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have a quick question on the EPQ _ it needs to be handed in tomorrow so I cant ask my teacher:

You know the 'evaluation of sources' - do you evaluate all the sources that you have cited and referenced in the report or just the ones in the bibliography?

Any help will be appreciated - kind of stressing out now! :/
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harricarter11)
    I have a quick question on the EPQ _ it needs to be handed in tomorrow so I cant ask my teacher:

You know the 'evaluation of sources' - do you evaluate all the sources that you have cited and referenced in the report or just the ones in the bibliography?

Any help will be appreciated - kind of stressing out now! :/
    You just pick five or six sources and evaluate their reliabilty and say how you used them mine was 1500 words long.

Have you done your activity log? If so how detailed was it?
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    Can someone really quickly tell me what is and isn't included in the AQA EPQ Word Count?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FallenMan)
    Your presentation is marked out of 10 (at my college anyway, it may differ), which goes towards your final grade for the EPQ-therefore it is a must to do it. I get nervous too, but if you really feel you can't do it in front of loads of people, ask your teacher if it can be just them and a few of your friends-that way it is a more comfortable setting for you. And practise it loads, if you know what you're going to say, you'll feel more confident in it.
    haha mannn i got no close friends at my new college. i ain doin it.haha jus gona drop out. but cheers for the advice! maybe someday il not be such a pu ssay and gain some confidence in public speaking!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaze008)
    Hey, don't worry. The presentation is the easiest part. I was as nervous as you are now before I did mine. I didn't even know what to talk about and how to introduce it, especially since I kept changing my title so frequently, and the fact that I hadn't finished my essay at the time, but I watched a couple of presentations a week before I began writing mine and it gave me a lot of confidence. Just ask if you could sit in and watch, then you'll realise it's not very hard. I suppose for you, the thing you need to overcome is your fear of public speaking? Well, my best advice there is just to practice, practice and practice. Practice in front of the mirror by yourself, in front of family and maybe a few friends when you're ready. The time goes by very quickley and then you'll feel an amzing surge of relief about it being over. Trust me, it's not that hard once you overcome that fear.

Good luck!
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pensivedore)
    Hey, don't worry. The presentation is the easiest part. I was as nervous as you are now before I did mine. I didn't even know what to talk about and how to introduce it, especially since I kept changing my title so frequently, and the fact that I hadn't finished my essay at the time, but I watched a couple of presentations a week before I began writing mine and it gave me a lot of confidence. Just ask if you could sit in and watch, then you'll realise it's not very hard. I suppose for you, the thing you need to overcome is your fear of public speaking? Well, my best advice there is just to practice, practice and practice. Practice in front of the mirror by yourself, in front of family and maybe a few friends when you're ready. The time goes by very quickley and then you'll feel an amzing surge of relief about it being over. Trust me, it's not that hard once you overcome that fear.

Good luck!
    haha thanks for the advice but mmy fear of public speaking is intense! lol. i try practicing it but wen i end up having to actually do it my mind goes blank and i end up stuttering! man i dono wat wrong with me. i might have something wrong with me. i bunked like 100+ lessons this term! wenever theres a presentation task or anything like that im either 'sick' or some1 in my family has passed away.lol sick excuses to bunk but they always work! my tutor is an old lady so its all good! x
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheBigDog)
    You just pick five or six sources and evaluate their reliabilty and say how you used them mine was 1500 words long.

Have you done your activity log? If so how detailed was it?
    Yep I've finished the log just have to check it now - spell check isn't included in the Log Book word document, which has shown how awful my spelling is!

Mine isn't that detailed, about 6600 words. Ive written about a page for each of the 'reviews' and a page and a half for the reflection.

Just finished the evaluation - only written 600 words but oh well
    • 4 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys can anyone explain what to put in the summary?
    I am really confused as what to do
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by harricarter11)
    Yep I've finished the log just have to check it now - spell check isn't included in the Log Book word document, which has shown how awful my spelling is!

Mine isn't that detailed, about 6600 words. Ive written about a page for each of the 'reviews' and a page and a half for the reflection.

Just finished the evaluation - only written 600 words but oh well
    Could someone PLEASE send me a copy of their activity log? I have no idea how detailed i should be or what to put in it.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 25, 2014
New on TSR

Personal statement help

Use our clever tool to create a PS you're proud of.

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.