Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    60.70%
    not helpful
    39.30%

• 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    when did you start EP?

september 2011?
    Havnt started it yet! Have to apply for it at school as its so over subscribed.
    The teacher will pick the most interesting essay titles, so im trying to think of something unique and interesting at the same time, and something researchable
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my mark for my EPQ! Got what I wanted and my supervisor was so sweet! Bless him :love:
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    Finished my EPQ today! Did my presentation last Wednesday and handed in the essay on Friday, but it didn't feel finished until I signed off all of my logbook today.

In retrospect, I'm glad I did it. But you have to be seriously self-motivated and ensure that it doesn't get in the way of your other subjects.

If anyone needs any advice on it, feel free to PM me. But I'm rubbish at helping with title ideas etc.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mangoh)
    congrats
    Thank you!
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Decided on doing "The historical context of economies and how they have shaped our world today."
    This was only a proposed essay title so it will probably change though
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Anyone doing the AQA Bacc: do you know if Critical Thinking/General Studies AS counts towards your final grade? Or can I get like an E or something but still get the same result that I got on my EPQ?
    I'm not doing the AQA Bacc, but loads of people at my school are. From what I've heard, you just need to pass critical thinking or general studies to get the overall qualification, so as an E is a pass, it should be fine.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi, after college i would like to go to uni to study adult nursing. So i want to relate my EPQ to nursing any ideas?
    - up to now ive got how nursing has developed over the years, since the 1700's
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Got my mark for my EPQ! Got what I wanted and my supervisor was so sweet! Bless him :love:
    When did your school send it off? Is this the final grade? Is this the supervisor or moderator mark?

Sorry for the questions I handed mine in to the supervisor on Wednesday and I think they marked it and sent it off by Thursday/Friday.

And congratulations!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . . .)
    When did your school send it off? Is this the final grade? Is this the supervisor or moderator mark?

Sorry for the questions I handed mine in to the supervisor on Wednesday and I think they marked it and sent it off by Thursday/Friday.

And congratulations!
    Thank you! Yeah it's the final grade My teacher says my mark could be moderated and changed a little by the examiners but it will probably stay the same. Have you found out your mark? Your final one will probably be the same one that your supervisor gave you.
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by badgerbarn)
    Decided on doing "The historical context of economies and how they have shaped our world today."
    This was only a proposed essay title so it will probably change though
    That sounds great! I think as you start researching your title will change to something more specific because your current title covers a huge spectrum! But you'll figure it what you want to specifically research as you begin researching this. Good luck!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Thank you! Yeah it's the final grade My teacher says my mark could be moderated and changed a little by the examiners but it will probably stay the same. Have you found out your mark? Your final one will probably be the same one that your supervisor gave you.
    That's not good my supervisor and hates me with a passion.
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    50/50 from Supervisor. Very happy
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by becbec :))
    *subscribes*

So what topic is everybody doing?

I'm thinking something related to my favourite subjects - democracy (political philosophy)- perhaps looking at case studies throughout history (history and law) and whether democracy can ever be achieved. Though I'm not entirely sure, and may wonder onto the grounds of human rights, terrorism or the British constitution, but they can all be connected under the same kind of area. Can't believe I have to have made a proper start on the research and have filled in my initial log bit by the first week in September! On top of all the other college work I've been set as well!

I just can't believe how much universities seem to like it, when I can do the majority of it without being in a lesson!
    I want to base mine on nursing and the way the media negatively speaks about the NHS!
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . . .)
    That's not good my supervisor and hates me with a passion.
    Do you know what he/she has given you? Could you negotiate it?
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by S_123)
    Do you know what he/she has given you? Could you negotiate it?
    No but I know it's going to be terrible.

Can you get it remarked?
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by . . .)
    No but I know it's going to be terrible.

Can you get it remarked?
    I'm not sure. Why don't you ask them what they have given you? I'm sure it won't be that bad
    • 7 followers

ReputationRep:
    If anyone needs any advice about the EPQ or AQA Bacc, especially if it is to do with English Literature, just quote me
    • 19 followers

ReputationRep:
    My summer shall be spent writing on the ever so light subject of neurodegenerative diseases. Should be fun! Popping up to Herts Uni too with the college.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Need help with my epq I'm about to start, would like to do it about thermodynamics or synthetic chemistry no idea how to come up with a question...
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm trying to choose a project but I can't seem to think of anything chemistry related. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 31, 2014
New on TSR

Halloween 2014

Spooky tales from this year's fright night

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.