The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Hello, so I have finally thought of a title for my EPQ and need some advice on whether it is appropriate? I have just finished school and have been told by my teachers to prepare for our EPQs. I have put together this title: "How has the theories of Classical Economics affected Modern Economic Theory?" What do you guys think?:s-smilie:
Reply 2961
The title of your EPQ suggests that it's going to be a very in-depth subject. Most people I know have chosen topics that are easier. However it is your choice, the only advice I can give you is to choose a topic/subject that you know very well otherwise you would struggle. My school actually gave us a theme to follow (which was ethics) and depending on what your vocational course was, you based the EPQ on that. Hope I helped!
Original post by LordFishlock
Hi. Really need some urgent help on wording my question. Want to do a study on how ancient political philosophy has moulded the western political world, message me please I am really in need!

-To what extent has ancient political philosophy influenced western politics today ?

- Political thought today is heavily in debt to ancient political philosophy. To what extent is this statement true?

- in what ways has Ancient Political philosophy influenced contemporary western politics ?

That was just a quick go at it.... Hope one of these might help you develop a question :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Well to be completely honest I sort of based it around the fact I wanted to study Economics and Philosophy at Uni. Is that a main thing to concentrate on? I am interested in this, but not completely.
What do people think of "Ancient Philosophy has benefited the modern world in Science, politics and economics. How far do you agree with this statement?" Is that too broad?
Original post by LordFishlock
What do people think of "Ancient Philosophy has benefited the modern world in Science, politics and economics. How far do you agree with this statement?" Is that too broad?

Why not just "How far has Ancient Philosophy benefited the modern world in the areas of science, politics and economics?". The way you've worded it sounds like an exam question, and not a mini-dissertation title.
Original post by racheatworld
Why not just "How far has Ancient Philosophy benefited the modern world in the areas of science, politics and economics?". The way you've worded it sounds like an exam question, and not a mini-dissertation title.

That sounds good, thank you! :smile:!
Bit confused on how to construct the timeline? What has it got to include? :smile:
as question states.
Reply 2969
Hi,
I want to study phamracy at uni and was thinking off doin my extended project on gene therapy but I am struggling to word a question around this?!?! I have looked into doin it with connections to its treatments to cancer and cystic fibrosis but again am struggling to word a question... Any help would be really appreciated :biggrin:
Thank you in advance
Abbie :biggrin:
Reply 2970
Can we include diagrams and images in the essay?
Original post by xbanksx
Can we include diagrams and images in the essay?

Yes definitely :smile: !!

Reply 2972
Original post by Jackkkkk

Great, thank you!

Also, do we have to include any evaluation of our project at the end of the essay or do we save that for the presentation? :smile:
I think I'm gonna do "The role of the internet and social media as a form of resistance during the Arab Spring", d'you reckon that's alright? Especially since I want to Politics/Int Relations/Human Rights at uni. :biggrin:
I'm just about to start the EPQ and have no idea what to do for it. I do AS Lit, AS Lang, AS Comms and have just dropped AS Business Studies... I was thinking of something society based like: with the rise in tattoos and crime among young people in recent years is it becoming fashionable instead of individualistic?
I don't know. I'm really stuck.

Help me guys :frown:((
Original post by doomsdayheather
I'm just about to start the EPQ and have no idea what to do for it. I do AS Lit, AS Lang, AS Comms and have just dropped AS Business Studies... I was thinking of something society based like: with the rise in tattoos and crime among young people in recent years is it becoming fashionable instead of individualistic?
I don't know. I'm really stuck.

Help me guys :frown:((

I'm not sure I understand your topic question: it seems you are implying that there is a correlation between tattoos and likelihood of committing a crime..is that right? You could look at how society has been portrayed in various works of Literature-how different eras, for example, mock different levels in society-I did A Level English Literature-I should be good at thinking of this!
Again I am doubting my EPQ question. I really need something with Philosophy and possibly economics? Really need some help here, and need something that I can have extensive research into.
Original post by FallenMan
I'm not sure I understand your topic question: it seems you are implying that there is a correlation between tattoos and likelihood of committing a crime..is that right? You could look at how society has been portrayed in various works of Literature-how different eras, for example, mock different levels in society-I did A Level English Literature-I should be good at thinking of this!

I was more going along the line on how it's becoming more fashionable in society. Tattoos used to commonly mean something to the individual and now they're more fashionable. I don't know :s-smilie:
Ooh, that's a really good suggestion! I may do something along the lines of that XDD Thanks :smile:
[QUOTE="xbanksx;38497027"]
Original post by Jackkkkk

Great, thank you!

Also, do we have to include any evaluation of our project at the end of the essay or do we save that for the presentation? :smile:

Well in your project log book there is space for evaluation and of course in the presentation. However, I realised lots of people were missing the top grades due to lack of evaluation. So at the very end of my project i created a separate document that I added into the appendix - in this I evaluated the successes, failures and limitations of my research/project/essay etc. I also included why I did not explore certain avenues and why I did others.

It payed off :wink: so that's what I would advise you do :smile:

Reply 2979
Hey guys, I'm struggling to think of a question in relation to the economics of the arab spring - in relation to large proportions being focused on Egypt. Any ideas?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending