The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Rose233
Oh no! Are you nearly finished? What's your subject?

I really hate writing stuff, so i struggle to get started, and i keep on changing the start. My topic title is "To what extent is nanotechnology a leading concept in the fields of computing and engineering". Whats yours about and how long have you still got?
Sounds complex! I've got till Monday and then the presentation on Wednesday. I kept changing my title as well but I settled on "What effect did the colonisation of Algeria and the subsequent relationship between France and Algeria have on the two countries?"
Original post by Rose233
Sounds complex! I've got till Monday and then the presentation on Wednesday. I kept changing my title as well but I settled on "What effect did the colonisation of Algeria and the subsequent relationship between France and Algeria have on the two countries?"

Wow, i have no idea what that entails lol. How much have you still got to write?
Original post by l1lvink
Wow, i have no idea what that entails lol. How much have you still got to write?

A little bit under 2500. What about you?
Original post by Rose233
A little bit under 2500. What about you?

As it stands now, about 500, but if i decide that i dont like it, a bit more :mad::mad:
Im annoyed with the school though, because if you do the aqa version (which im doing), youre meant to get approx 30 guided hours (i definitely dont need that many), but we've had none and i wouldve liked to have a few.
Definitely something that im gonna anonymously complain about at the end of the year.
Original post by l1lvink
As it stands now, about 500, but if i decide that i dont like it, a bit more :mad::mad:
Im annoyed with the school though, because if you do the aqa version (which im doing), youre meant to get approx 30 guided hours (i definitely dont need that many), but we've had none and i wouldve liked to have a few.
Definitely something that im gonna anonymously complain about at the end of the year.

Well I hope you like what you've written then. Is it meant to be thirty hours of actual lessons like references or just thirty hours of allocated class-room time?
Original post by Rose233
Well I hope you like what you've written then. Is it meant to be thirty hours of actual lessons like references or just thirty hours of allocated class-room time?

This is what it says on something by aqa that i found on one of their pdf's: "The Extended Project Qualification will requireteaching of the necessary skills. It is expected that upto a quarter of the total available time i.e. 30 guidedlearning hours, will be spent on this taught element."
Has anyone not started yet? I planned to do mine months ago but still haven't started. I don't know whether it is worth attempting it or not.
Original post by Anonymousgirll
Has anyone not started yet? I planned to do mine months ago but still haven't started. I don't know whether it is worth attempting it or not.

I did the bulk of my write up In a week, you have the entire summer holidays so will be fine
Original post by l1lvink
This is what it says on something by aqa that i found on one of their pdf's: "The Extended Project Qualification will requireteaching of the necessary skills. It is expected that upto a quarter of the total available time i.e. 30 guidedlearning hours, will be spent on this taught element."

I don't think our school's given us any of that either I didn't even know they were meant to :/
Original post by Futuremedic2096
I did the bulk of my write up In a week, you have the entire summer holidays so will be fine

If you've done all your research you'll be fine. It doesn't take too long to write it

You get the whole of the summer hols aswell?
I wish we had a deadline that was that lax :frown:
Original post by l1lvink
You get the whole of the summer hols aswell?
I wish we had a deadline that was that lax :frown:

No, I presumed you did otherwise you'd of done it already :colone::eek:

I don't actually it has to be in mid May I think.
No, I presumed you did otherwise you'd of done it already :colone::eek:

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Praise The Lord I'm in the limit

Hi, just wondering if you or someone else could help me here. I have done all the write up, references list, production log and presentation but my teacher just asked me where my evaluation of sources and timeline is? When I asked her what that was, she said I needed to have an appendix that included the two above. I didn't do an appendix, so how am I supposed to go on about it?
Right so basically I haven't actually started this yet? How much do I roughly have to do and is it possible for me to get it done for mid may?
Original post by nothepreacher
Hi, just wondering if you or someone else could help me here. I have done all the write up, references list, production log and presentation but my teacher just asked me where my evaluation of sources and timeline is? When I asked her what that was, she said I needed to have an appendix that included the two above. I didn't do an appendix, so how am I supposed to go on about it?

Same!
So I'd say a table,
list all sources, even ones you haven't included and have lots of headings for selection criteria and check off explaining how it meets the criteria. Write week by week what you have done (takes an age I'm afraid).
anything else just holla
Same!
So I'd say a table,
list all sources, even ones you haven't included and have lots of headings for selection criteria and check off explaining how it meets the criteria. Write week by week what you have done (takes an age I'm afraid).
anything else just holla

So I shouldn't do an appendix? I should just add why I chose my sources on the references page? And how should I do the timeline? I'm at loss. I need to email her evaluation of sources and timeline tomorrow? Do you have any examples? I am sorry if this is too much to ask but would you be able to email me any examples if you have any?
Original post by nothepreacher
So I shouldn't do an appendix? I should just add why I chose my sources on the references page? And how should I do the timeline? I'm at loss. I need to email her evaluation of sources and timeline tomorrow? Do you have any examples? I am sorry if this is too much to ask but would you be able to email me any examples if you have any?

Oh god, I haven't done mine
no leave them there and then do a selection rejection table in the appendix, what I said what she meant by a timeline, this week I did this, use a table with the dates on the right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending