Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
Applying to Uni? Let Universities come to you. Click here to get your perfect place 20-10-2014
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    61.09%
    not helpful
    38.91%

• 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    Thanks =]
    Are you doing an EPQ as well?
    Yup (well hopefully, my teacher hasn't got back to me about it yet :o: )
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JayAyy)
    Yup (well hopefully, my teacher hasn't got back to me about it yet :o: )
    On what?

Ohmygod. I'm really scared of my supervisor though. I made him slightly late for his lesson after break even though I saw him at the start of break time about EPQ Music and he got all funny with me..
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    On what?

Ohmygod. I'm really scared of my supervisor though. I made him slightly late for his lesson after break even though I saw him at the start of break time about EPQ Music and he got all funny with me..
    Something about the April budget report and how it will effect the UK economy and political system in the future. How fun

How did he get all funny with you? Want me to fight him?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Something about the April budget report and how it will effect the UK economy and political system in the future. How fun

How did he get all funny with you? Want me to fight him?
    haa please :o:
    He was all like sighing and wishing I wasn't there kind of thing.

That's sounds really difficult :O I tried economics and couldn't stand it.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    haa please :o:
    He was all like sighing and wishing I wasn't there kind of thing.

That's sounds really difficult :O I tried economics and couldn't stand it.
    Ignore him. What does he know? (well alot, but you know what I mean :p: )

And how can you not stand economics?! It's the BEST subject ever.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Ignore him. What does he know? (well alot, but you know what I mean :p: )

haha The supply and demand I understood. Any further in the subject my brain exploaded.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    haha The supply and demand I understood. Any further in the subject my brain exploaded.
    At least you understood the basics
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    At least you understood the basics
    taaa and I did it all by myself... Then I got the geeks of the class who unerstood all and got As all the time to tutor me the rest haha =]
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    taaa and I did it all by myself... Then I got the geeks of the class who unerstood all and got As all the time to tutor me the rest haha =]
    Great tacticc! That's what people did to me too :redface:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    :yes:

Just a bit of info here: apparently there was ~350 entries for the EPQ last year and 50 of them got A*s so that's quite promising.

I'm happy with my EPQ progress. I had the pleasure of meeting the Dr. McCunnie (admissions tutor for the social sciences at Manchester Uni and Phd in economic history) this week and he's gave me some brilliant points and resources for my essay
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    :yes:

Just a bit of info here: apparently there was ~350 entries for the EPQ last year and 50 of them got A*s so that's quite promising.

I'm happy with my EPQ progress. I had the pleasure of meeting the Dr. McCunnie (admissions tutor for the social sciences at Manchester Uni and Phd in economic history) this week and he's gave me some brilliant points and resources for my essay
    I might not be doing the extended project in the end, my teacher hasn't emailed me back and was meant to on Tuesday

What's your EP about?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    I might not be doing the extended project in the end, my teacher hasn't emailed me back and was meant to on Tuesday

What's your EP about?
    Aw, unlucky. Mines like a discussion about whether the UK should join the Euro or not.
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adam92)
    Aw, unlucky. Mines like a discussion about whether the UK should join the Euro or not.
    Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning it somewhere. Good luck
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    i dont know what to do mine on , sudan or western sahra??
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Oh yeah, I remember you mentioning it somewhere. Good luck
    Thank you
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by goats)
    i dont know what to do mine on , sudan or western sahra??
    What is it specifically going to be about?
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I've been procrastinating SO badly, but somehow I've managed to crank out ~1000 words already. Slightly behind schedule (wanted to do 1000 a week, and it's now been 2 weeks since I started), but I've still got ages so I'm not worried yet.

My teacher sent me an email back a while ago, but after several days I've still had no reply to the most recent one I sent haha... It's sad that he's probably given up hope already lol. Nah, he's probably just a forgetful old sod.

Anyway, let the procrastination continue.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xerophelistica)
    I've been procrastinating SO badly, but somehow I've managed to crank out ~1000 words already. Slightly behind schedule (wanted to do 1000 a week, and it's now been 2 weeks since I started), but I've still got ages so I'm not worried yet.

My teacher sent me an email back a while ago, but after several days I've still had no reply to the most recent one I sent haha... It's sad that he's probably given up hope already lol. Nah, he's probably just a forgetful old sod.

You've already started ? :eek: I was gonna start mine mid August to be honnest.
    Well I suppose I have started practising for the pratical side thought
    What's your gonna be about ?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:

At least your miles ahead of everyone else. I've only just started my research :rolleyes:
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:

I haven't even been confirmed if I'm doing the EP yet, and you're way ahead of me

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 13, 2014
New on TSR

A-level results day

Is it about making your parents proud?

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.