The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6360
Can anyone help me think of a title relating to modern feminism or modern art?
Original post by annieporthouse
Got a U in my EPQ! Odd, as expected a C. I've read that individual EPQs can't be re-marked - the school would have to have all their EPQs remoderated.

Does anyone know if it's possible to re-submit an EPQ that's already been marked? Can you work on it some more and re-submit it?

How many hours did you put in? I have 2 weeks to complete mine and I have done nothing much but I want a C
Original post by Gnatt27
How many hours did you put in? I have 2 weeks to complete mine and I have done nothing much but I want a C

Do you mean your research?
Nah research,final piece etc all together

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnatt27
Nah research,final piece etc all together

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good lord is that a late one or your college starts at a weird date?
Nah it's mine own fault.so u think it's possible or not? It is on football so I do already know 75% of research
Original post by Gnatt27
Nah it's mine own fault.so u think it's possible or not? It is on football so I do already know 75% of research

I honestly don't know because apart from your research you need the following:

5000 word essay or artifact + 1000 word essay with citation and bibliography
Proof of organisation (e.g. A journal and planner)
A review of how the project went (in your log)
Log which is signed by you and your tutor with sections on progress
A 10 minute presentation to your tutor and several other people

If you haven't done most of this how have you been allowed to continue with it? I'm also confused by how late this is because people who have done the EPQ this year have already received their marks so I don't get how you are even being allowed to do it this late?
Reply 6367
I got an A* too, so happy I worked so hard on it :colondollar::colondollar: Mine was on statins and cholesterol/heart disease and I even did work shadowing on a cardiology lab for it, so glad it was all worth it :h: Congrats everyone on your grades!
Original post by cmr98
I got an A* too, so happy I worked so hard on it :colondollar::colondollar: Mine was on statins and cholesterol/heart disease and I even did work shadowing on a cardiology lab for it, so glad it was all worth it :h: Congrats everyone on your grades!

Congrats on your result, mine was on whether we can colonise exoplanets. I spent nearly my entire second half of last years summer holidays on the research and wrote around 8500 words, so bloody happy with my grade after all that stress.
Maybe I should give more details.I have to present my work at EPQ market place on 9th September but the entire project does not have to be completed until mid October. Also we were given since Jan to do it but I mucked around😥

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Gnatt27
Maybe I should give more details.I have to present my work at EPQ market place on 9th September but the entire project does not have to be completed until mid October. Also we were given since Jan to do it but I mucked around😥

Posted from TSR Mobile

Is it only the essay that you need to present in September?
Original post by Vikingninja
Is it only the essay that you need to present in September?

It comes under AO4 evaluation and presentation of project process so it's like outlining what went well what went wrong,challanges,definig goals,discussing timeline and diary etc. I don't think you actually need the essay there.
Original post by Gnatt27
It comes under AO4 evaluation and presentation of project process so it's like outlining what went well what went wrong,challanges,definig goals,discussing timeline and diary etc. I don't think you actually need the essay there.

AO4 involves a review of the project which is in your log and a presentation. The review is on what went well in your project, what went poorly and what you would've done differently etc, this will be stuff like your organisation, the research you carried out (like mentioning its appropriatness and your process of finding whether your information is actually factual) etc. The presentation is pretty much a presentation on your findings with conclusions etc with some review, your college should have info for all this.

This is weird because with doing the EPQ normally this will be the last stuff you would be doing so I would say this will be hard.
(edited 7 years ago)
AO4 involves a review of the project which is in your log and a presentation. The review is on what went well in your project, what went poorly and what you would've done differently etc, this will be stuff like your organisation, the research you carried out (like mentioning its appropriatness and your process of finding whether your information is actually factual) etc. The presentation is pretty much a presentation on your findings with conclusions etc with some review, your college should have info for all this.

This is weird because with doing the EPQ normally this will be the last stuff you would be doing so I would say this will be hard.

Ah okay. To give you an idea on how much I have done I have referenced 6 out of 10 sources in Harvard style I have a timeline up to July and I have done about 25% of my source table e.g reliability of sources,author etc. In terms of research I did a survey with 47 responses and I made a poll plus looking at a few websites books etc. My big concern is the diary as I haven't logged anything I have.
so what percentage chance do I have of getting a C?
Hi guys!

I'm sure this has already been discussed several thousands of times before, but I'm wondering how much I should have done for my EPQ at this stage?

I've gathered all my research into pdf files but that's it... Should I just read it? Do I need to start writing the thing?

Thanks! :smile:
Original post by Gnatt27
Ah okay. To give you an idea on how much I have done I have referenced 6 out of 10 sources in Harvard style I have a timeline up to July and I have done about 25% of my source table e.g reliability of sources,author etc. In terms of research I did a survey with 47 responses and I made a poll plus looking at a few websites books etc. My big concern is the diary as I haven't logged anything I have.
so what percentage chance do I have of getting a C?

When you say diary do you mean your log or just a diary to show progress?

Original post by hatcs001
Hi guys!

I'm sure this has already been discussed several thousands of times before, but I'm wondering how much I should have done for my EPQ at this stage?

I've gathered all my research into pdf files but that's it... Should I just read it? Do I need to start writing the thing?

Thanks! :smile:

If you started just before the summer holidays then all you need to have done at this point is your research. At my college people didn't even do most of their research till after they came back so you are well ahead if you've found all your research that you need so far.
(edited 7 years ago)
Just a quick message for hatcs001, I wouldn't worry because it happened at my sixth form where people didn't start researching until they came back in September, and all I remember was it being a mad rush with everyone trying to get their work done alongside their A2 studies :/

Anyway, I am a bit stuck. I have nearly finished my essay (4200 words out of 5000), and I am a bit worried I haven't structured it well at all. I also have not completed any production log or started any presentation because the supervisor at sixth form simply hasn't told us and won't respond to any emails! I've compiled a bibliography but I don't know what I'm meant to do with that? Am I meant to turn it into a table and analyse the usefulness of each resource. Overall, I just think I've ****ed this one up good and proper :frown: I'm feeling under intense pressure because we go back in a week and a bit and I still need to do some law and philosophy and ethics work for A2 and I feel like I am drowning in work and we haven't even gone back yet! XD :frown:

Can anyone help? :h:
Original post by GeorgeB16
Just a quick message for hatcs001, I wouldn't worry because it happened at my sixth form where people didn't start researching until they came back in September, and all I remember was it being a mad rush with everyone trying to get their work done alongside their A2 studies :/

Anyway, I am a bit stuck. I have nearly finished my essay (4200 words out of 5000), and I am a bit worried I haven't structured it well at all. I also have not completed any production log or started any presentation because the supervisor at sixth form simply hasn't told us and won't respond to any emails! I've compiled a bibliography but I don't know what I'm meant to do with that? Am I meant to turn it into a table and analyse the usefulness of each resource. Overall, I just think I've ****ed this one up good and proper :frown: I'm feeling under intense pressure because we go back in a week and a bit and I still need to do some law and philosophy and ethics work for A2 and I feel like I am drowning in work and we haven't even gone back yet! XD :frown:

Can anyone help? :h:

Are you doing a 3rd year, handing in a late EPQ or just starting the qualification?
Are you doing a 3rd year, handing in a late EPQ or just starting the qualification?

Just starting the qualification

Quick Reply

Latest