The Student Room Group

Ultimate EPQ thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
JayAyy
What is it specifically going to be about?

the problem of western sahra or Conflics in sudan or alternitavley i can do a project about the 5 most feared countries in the world.
Reply 61
goats
the problem of western sahra or Conflics in sudan or alternitavley i can do a project about the 5 most feared countries in the world.

I think you should do the most feared countries. In that one, you can contrast and compare how much they are feared with each other and provide your opinion on it in your evaluation.
Reply 62
JayAyy
I think you should do the most feared countries. In that one, you can contrast and compare how much they are feared with each other and provide your opinion on it in your evaluation.

yeab probably, iam planning to do a poll where people list their 5 most feared countries.
Oops, I have no idea how I've managed to get ahead then :p:. Still, the way things are going for me, you'll catch up in no time.

Mine is primarily about Chemistry, with a bit of Maths and Biology thrown in too.. The main idea of mine is to look at some of the most dangerous chemicals, and explain some of the chemistry behind them - however already it's got really really in depth, and I've ended up writing loads of things about calculating pHs and stuff which I never even intended to include in the first place :woo:
Reply 64
Xerophelistica
Oops, I have no idea how I've managed to get ahead then :p:. Still, the way things are going for me, you'll catch up in no time.

Mine is primarily about Chemistry, with a bit of Maths and Biology thrown in too.. The main idea of mine is to look at some of the most dangerous chemicals, and explain some of the chemistry behind them - however already it's got really really in depth, and I've ended up writing loads of things about calculating pHs and stuff which I never even intended to include in the first place :woo:

It's all good. It means you can research more into it and hopefully get a higher grade :smile:
I've given up on my title of comparing Debussy solo piece to an ochestral piece.

right new idea now..
Hi all, I'm thinking of doing mine on the economic theory behind internet based marketplaces, such as eBay and Amazon. I don't know if I can crank out enough words though, or if it's even a good thing to do. :confused:
I've finally decided on a question about Queen Victoria and how much political influence she had. I picked up a really big biography of Lord Melbourne (the first PM during her reign) for a fiver on holiday, I guess I should start reading it soon. Fun times.
Reply 68
MarcusTheEskimo
Hi all, I'm thinking of doing mine on the economic theory behind internet based marketplaces, such as eBay and Amazon. I don't know if I can crank out enough words though, or if it's even a good thing to do. :confused:

It's a nice idea, but what kind of theories would you be talking about? I think you'd be rather limited. You could do the opportunities and threats caused by online businesses on the economy, but that sounds to business studies-ish to me and I take it you want something economics related?
Yay for this thread! I'm a bit sick of explaining it to people :p:

Anyway, I've decided upon "How strong an influence has France been upon the Lisbon Treaty?" or something similar, anyway. I'm on AQA btw, I like the look of it :smile:
Reply 70
MewMachine
Yay for this thread! I'm a bit sick of explaining it to people :p:

Anyway, I've decided upon "How strong an influence has France been upon the Lisbon Treaty?" or something similar, anyway. I'm on AQA btw, I like the look of it :smile:

Haha, that's the reason I created it :p:
I've decided to do an extended project encorporating drama/theatre studies. I would prefer to write an essay on a particular debate regarding drama, for example 'Is theatre a more effective way of communicating a moral message to it's audience, rather than other forms such as films in the cinema'.

Any ideas would be much appreciated!
Reply 72
Right. I have spoken to the EP coordinator at my college and I've changed my project slightly. I will write an essay on how fractals are used in real life by scientists and engineers so I'll be able to gain evaluative marks by discussing how fractals have changed the way scientists model things and their understanding of some natural phenomena.
Reply 73
rapha
Right. I have spoken to the EP coordinator at my college and I've changed my project slightly. I will write an essay on how fractals are used in real life by scientists and engineers so I'll be able to gain evaluative marks by discussing how fractals have changed the way scientists model things and their understanding of some natural phenomena.

That sounds easier, good luck. Have you done any research yet?
Reply 74
Adam92
That sounds easier, good luck. Have you done any research yet?

Thanks. :smile: I e-mailed a professor from St Andrews University and he's recommended me a book which will hopefully be easy enough for me to understand. I might purchase it sometime during this week. Right now I'm looking at a few websites and there's quite a bit of information on some of them (but obviously nowhere near the depth which I need for my project).
When does the EPQ officially begin / due in. Lots of people at my sixth form have signed up for it including myself, but haven't heard anything about it and now we won't till september - so i'm a bit worried and not sure if i should start planning...

I wanna do chemical engineering at university so was thinking about doing a research and report on a unit process (e.g. making ammonia). Any help greatly appreciated :smile:
''Is theatre a more effective way of communicating a moral message to it's audience, rather than other forms such as films in the cinema''.

Would you say this is a good debate to research? I just can't think of anything!
Reply 77
ojpowermake
When does the EPQ officially begin / due in. Lots of people at my sixth form have signed up for it including myself, but haven't heard anything about it and now we won't till september - so i'm a bit worried and not sure if i should start planning...

I wanna do chemical engineering at university so was thinking about doing a research and report on a unit process (e.g. making ammonia). Any help greatly appreciated :smile:

Every college has a different submission deadline I think.
Reply 78
ojpowermake

You can begin your EPQ whenever you and your coordinator have agreed a topic. I think there are several opportunities to submit it over the year.

rapha
Thanks. :smile: I e-mailed a professor from St Andrews University and he's recommended me a book which will hopefully be easy enough for me to understand. I might purchase it sometime during this week. Right now I'm looking at a few websites and there's quite a bit of information on some of them (but obviously nowhere near the depth which I need for my project).

That seems to be progressing nicely :smile:
Reply 79
People who've already started, what have you included in your log so far? :ninja:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending