Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey! Sign in to get help with your study questionsNew here? Join for free to post

Ultimate EPQ thread

Announcements Posted on
  • View Poll Results: was this ?
    helpful
    60.50%
    not helpful
    39.50%

• 10 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jessibobs)
    If you drop your EPQ do you really have to tell your unis?
    It has nothing to do with any of my offers and isn't even mentionned, and I'm struggling so much because I'm taking 4 subjects and have English Lit coursework to do this week aswell :|
    Did you put it on your UCAS form?
    • 14 followers

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I wanted to do the EPQ this year, but couldn't come up with something decent in time/didn't want to take on too much and regret it.

I think I'll be taking a gap year next year, and I was wondering about doing ti then? I don't want to just stop studying for a year, so it would be good to do something like this. Is that possible? I don't know how it counts as a subject
    • 5 followers

ReputationRep:
    i just finished my epq essay! -- the epq is the worst thing you can ever pick up! I don't recommend it at all!
    It is time consuming!

Nonetheless....its still %$£^&*&*^((&$££
    • 3 followers

ReputationRep:
    When are your essays due? Mines in for tomorrow and I'm currently putting all my **** together for the hand in at 2pm. I still have lots to write and annotate and stuff.

Also, when do you find out your results? Does it come out at the same time as the ones for june?
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I just got told about the EPQ;

I am really interested in cross country running - what topics/questions could i have??
    Also, i am interested in how media & fashion shape the way we see our body images today - what topics/questions could i have for this??

Thanks
    xx
    • 1 follower

ReputationRep:
    I just had to tell my school I'm interested in doing an EPQ, and I'm in year 12 at the moment. Will we be starting in September and should I expect guidance in selecting a topic, or should I be thinking of looking for topics on my own now?

I'm interested in studying physics at uni and consequently I want to do a physics based EP, I was thinking something about parallel universes as is suggested by Max Tegmark, as I find it extremely interesting. However I'm not sure what or how I would research regarding such an abstract topic.

Anyone got any suggestions? It seems to be a really beneficial project to undertake - I'm looking forward to actually having things to discuss about my topic at university interviews.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I have to do 2000 words by tonight or I'm getting kicked off the course.... Why oh why did I leave this subject in the dumps? Would be a shame if they booted me.....
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I got an A for my EPQ Artefact!
    That's 60 UCAS points in bag.
    EPQ is definitely worth it and rewarding.
    Do not EVER give up.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Got my presentation in 2 weeks. Polished off my essay pretty much 3 weeks ago, so I was quite happy with that. As I hadn't done a piece of extended writing due to my A Level choices, it was definitely worth doing one now, as Manchester said that they wanted a piece of extended writing possibly for the interview I had with them. Can't wait for it to be over, though. I haven't got anything riding on this, but it would be nice to get a good grade nonetheless.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, I've set this poll up so I can gather some data for my EPQ. Would you guys also be so kind as to answer some questions as well 'cause it would be a massive help to me.

1) If you selected yes, for what offences would you like to see capital punishment reintrodeuced for?
    2) Why these offences?
    3) If you selected no, why would you not like to see it reintroduced?

Thanks for the help in advance.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    I said no - because two wrongs don't make a right, and innocent people may be wrongly condemned to death.
    • 71 followers

ReputationRep:
    No because I don't think it is moral - finite crime, infinite punishment, two wrongs don't make a right, no chance of redemption/rehabilitation etc
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes - though funilly enough not for murder, I would support it for paedophiles and child abusers.
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    No. I don't believe the state should have the power to kill its citizens. I especially don't believe this given that we know our justice system sometimes gets it wrong.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes. The state should have the power to remove people who are completely incompatible with society

The hundreds of thousands it costs to keep a murderer in prison could be better put to use, and making people live out of their lives in cell is inhumane, so death would be a better alternative.

Paedophiles, Murderers, should be the ones sentenced to death.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Yes but only to some serious crimes:

1 crimes against humanity
    -1: crimes against children under the age of 12/15 (depending on the crime) including sex offences, rapes, murders, etc...
    -2: crimes of genocide: for example if you were a terrorist, regardless of situation, religion
    etc if you killed or commited genocide then you shouldn't really live while your victims didn't
    get that chance did they?
    -3: crimes such as Murder (depending on situation e.g. self-defense), Rape (NO EXCUSE),
    Insurance Scammers to illegal or forced prostitution etc... if you force a girl/boy to have sex against their will, it should be seen as a rape instead of aiding prostitution etc..
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    no, because i think people should be given the chance to rehabilitate. also the system ocassionally makes mistakes
    • 0 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TlanTlan)
    Yes. The state should have the power to remove people who are completely incompatible with society

The hundreds of thousands it costs to keep a murderer in prison could be better put to use, and making people live out of their lives in cell is inhumane, so death would be a better alternative.

Paedophiles, Murderers, should be the ones sentenced to death.
    Do you realise that it costs significantly more to kill them?
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dring)
    No. I don't believe the state should have the power to kill its citizens. I especially don't believe this given that we know our justice system sometimes gets it wrong.
    yes that was 20/30 years ago. today it would be very hard for police to get it wrong 1: with the use of digital technology it is hard to escape a camera today etc.. and one should have concrete, not circumstantial evidence to be sentenced to death.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dring)
    Do you realise that it costs significantly more to kill them?
    gun? bullet?
    i suppose you're considering the paperwork etc.. police payment etc...

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 16, 2014
New on TSR

The future of apprenticeships

Join the discussion in the apprenticeships hub!

Article updates
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.