The Student Room Group

the "lets talk about OCR psychology crime" thread

how did everybody find it?

i was rather gutted that police didnt come up, but testimony and offender profiling was on which was great! This exam was the first psychology exam i've ever done where i actually had time to spare at the end (15 mins! :eek: )

and i was pretty pleased about the testimony section c question as i'd learnt it JUST IN CASE this morning while watching everybody loves raymond. I could only rememebr one study (bruce) but i managed to make 3 suggestions and evaluate them fair well, so yeah. Overall i'm pleased.

how did everyone else find it?
Went fine even though my favourite sections didn't come up.

I chose the theories of criminal behaviour questions. Very pleased that came up.

Aaaand, for part b I chose testimony. I wrote a ridiculous amount for this section.

Umm from memory.

A) Malpass and Devine, Loftus, Pickel, Vernis and Walker, Stephenson, George.
B) Ecological validity. Compared Loftus and Malpass and Devine.
Sample (generalisation). Compared Walker with Loftus.
Application of psychology to everyday. Pickels similar to Clifford and Bull. talked about although the findings show how eye witness testimony is often inaccurate, it can not be applied to everyday life as their is no adequate replacement to eye-witness testimonies.
Reductionism. Stephenson compared with pickel.
C)I was rather chuffed with my sugestions for this and was able to support all of them with evidence. I can't remember what I wrote though.

Went pretty well really.
Reply 2
i only revised 4 units and they where the 4 that came up, im so happy with my luck. i wasted 5mins at the start trying to decide which questions i would score more marks on
Reply 3
Mark266
i only revised 4 units and they where the 4 that came up, im so happy with my luck. i wasted 5mins at the start trying to decide which questions i would score more marks on

saaaaaaaaaaame.
makes me wonder why i bothered learning 7 in january!

Latest