The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What I think it is with Lewis is that I get the impression that he's not very well managed with all the ill-judged comments he's made of late about Senna etc.What was all that madness with Troy for Vodafone about before the Turkish GP? Anthony Hamilton is I think out of his depth at this level and needs to move aside and have Lewis represented by a proper management firm.

I don't think he's an arrogant chap but he isn't doing too badly coming across as one to be with what he says and how he says it.He's immensely talented indeed but as JYS pointed out errors like running into Raikonnen in Montreal show he's still got an awful lot ot learn.
conroe-killed-the-k8-star
What was all that madness with Troy for Vodafone about before the Turkish GP?

That was awful but I doubt it was down to his dad, they have to do all that sponsor PR stuff.
Reply 82
I remember in TopGear he said something like "its bling bling" to describe his car.

That hiphop thuglife gangsta style suits Prince harry more than him.
Reply 83
Hamilton is phenomenal driver and an absolute cock. End of.
He isnt an F1 driver really. If you actually watch the F1, n not the news, he drives a lot more like a Go-Cart driver (Cannot remember a good overtake from him ever). He can handle the track n thats it.
Reply 85
VengefulSpoon
He isnt an F1 driver really. If you actually watch the F1, n not the news, he drives a lot more like a Go-Cart driver (Cannot remember a good overtake from him ever). He can handle the track n thats it.

his passes are straight out of karting. remember him doing raikkonen at monza last year?
I know I posted this video in the grand prix thread, but the speech bubbles got taken off in this, but now they are back and just as funny.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=7QLXJDQCL8I
Ohhh I can see them now. But I was expecting them to be a lot funnier :frown:
Hamilton gets paid millions each year to drive a top-of-the-line racing car amongst some of the best drivers in the world and he can't even pay attention to a red light?!?!? It is quite clear to see, even if you are low down in the cockpit, and I think it has to come down fully on Hamilton as a racing error in the heat of the moment. How the team can be blamed I'm not so sure. :s-smilie:
Reply 89
Funny thing is; if Kubica had Hammy's car, I reckon he'd be far quicker. He never seems to make mistakes.

Hamilton's attitude in Canada a couple of weeks back wasn't too chivalrous to be honest. He could have owned up to the mistake he made, instead of iterating how well he was driving beforehand.
EKO
Hamilton's attitude in Canada a couple of weeks back wasn't too chivalrous to be honest. He could have owned up to the mistake he made, instead of iterating how well he was driving beforehand.

F1 drivers don't like to own up to their mistakes - they're meant to be far better than that. :wink:
EKO
Funny thing is; if Kubica had Hammy's car, I reckon he'd be far quicker. He never seems to make mistakes.

Yeah, but part of me thinks maybe he never makes mistakes because he doesn't really have nothing to lose. BMW are now becoming a top team, but before they were still drifting at best of the rest, so I don't think there's as much pressure to deliver as for Ferrari/McLaren. I would imagine with more time at the top we will see some mistakes, as we do from the other two.
Kubica is a damn good driver though, no arguments there.
I would actually like to see Kubica win the championship this year. He's not involved in any of this sparring between Ferrari and Mclaren so I think he has a fair shot at taking it.
Reply 93
Captain Biggles
I would actually like to see Kubica win the championship this year. He's not involved in any of this sparring between Ferrari and Mclaren so I think he has a fair shot at taking it.

just the small matter of needing 4 cars to continually not finish...
El Stevo
just the small matter of needing 4 cars to continually not finish...

Hardly. Said four cars can finish behind him, or at least finish further down the grid on a few occasions.
Reply 95
Captain Biggles
Hardly. Said four cars can finish behind him, or at least finish further down the grid on a few occasions.

I didn't mean all 4 cars all the time... but can you see Kubica beating all of them often enough in a normal race? Or equally can you see the bad luck / mistakes of said 4 cas continuing?
I dont hate the guy as such, when he first started i really liked him and wanted him to do well, however as the season progressed i got fed up with him, and thats mainly due to the press, wouldnt stop talking about him and hyping him up, after a while its gets boring, and now i really couldnt give a toss, the only reason i want him to do well is because im a mclaren fan, but yeah his dad is really annoying, i prefer someone like Kimi, he does his job then you dont hear about him for two weeks, i really couldnt giuve a toss what Hamilton does in his spare time
Bear_Grylls
I dont hate the guy as such, when he first started i really liked him and wanted him to do well, however as the season progressed i got fed up with him, and thats mainly due to the press, wouldnt stop talking about him and hyping him up, after a while its gets boring, and now i really couldnt give a toss, the only reason i want him to do well is because im a mclaren fan, but yeah his dad is really annoying, i prefer someone like Kimi, he does his job then you dont hear about him for two weeks, i really couldnt giuve a toss what Hamilton does in his spare time

The former is the basis of why many people have jumped onto the 'I-can't-stand-Lewis-Hamilton' band wagon for this season, and the latter part of the 2007 season. Some of the press attention is beneficial for Lewis, portraying him in a good light, however the majority of it is just useless and irritating like you said. That's something outwith Lewis's overall control, however a certain amount of his mannerisms really do need looked into for interviews and press conferences. You don't really hear about Kimi in the British press, but I could bet money on the Finnish press having some fun with him. Not nearly as much as the British press with Lewis, but I see Kimi having to put up with a few misplaced articles every now and again.
Captain Biggles
That's something outwith Lewis's overall control, however a certain amount of his mannerisms really do need looked into for interviews and press conferences. You don't really hear about Kimi in the British press, but I could bet money on the Finnish press having some fun with him. Not nearly as much as the British press with Lewis, but I see Kimi having to put up with a few misplaced articles every now and again.

Yeah true. We don't hear anything about Kimi (or anyone else for that matter), because lets face it no-one outside of the people who watch F1 give a damn, but people who don't even follow F1 will be interested in how Hamilton is doing. I'm sure it's similar in other drivers' home countries. I'd also imagine our media don't like Kimi for 'stealing' Hamilton's championship last year :p:
PoisonDonna
I'm sure it's similar in other drivers' home countries.

Alonso, for example. :rolleyes:

Latest