The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

what's the harm in it? no one else will notice you have them on bar you, may make you feel a bit confident and sexxxxy too? :p:
If the skirt's long, it would be brilliant to wear underneath. go for your mum :biggrin:

..what's wrong with hold ups though? I love them.
Reply 22
death.drop
what's wrong with wearing stockings and suspenders to 6th form? :s-smilie:

I hate that this doesn't sound unusual to me at all. My mum once bought me home a black & red lacey corset, thong & suspender set because she saw it reduced in my size and thought me and my boyfriend would enjoy it.

anyway, woo for you, free stockings :biggrin:

Lmao she thought your bf would enjoy it!
Reply 23
fredscarecrow
If the skirt's long, it would be brilliant to wear underneath. go for your mum :biggrin:

..what's wrong with hold ups though? I love them.

We have to have knee length skirts. If you do not look like this:-

then you get told. I found holdups not too bad, far better than tights, but my mum is convinced one will slip down and cause me great embarassment.
Reply 24
Lots of you have put positive comments about this which has suprised me! I thought my mum was going mad. Obviously it was me.

So, I have decided to give them ago today! I can not believe I dare do this and wear stockings and suspenders with this:-

They are a bit fiddly to put on though. It has just taken 10 minutes to get the little hooks fixed to the stockings. The back ones are a pain to do. You need to be some kind of contortionist to do them. I must have looked a complete idiot trying to do it. Already they seem more comfortable that holdups though as you dont have the tight bit at the top round your thigh.

I just hope no one notices. I can't see why they should though.

Alex.
What's with all the links to your school picture?

It's not like your mum has bought them for you to have sex in, she's bought them for your school uniform, end of.
Reply 26
I'd wear the stockings and suspenders with that uniform, think St Trinians :wink:
Hmm, I've never had a problem with holdups falling down. Still, I ight buy some stockings and suspendrs. They look interesting :smile:
Reply 28
Ive seen your school uniform picture enough, its everywhere!
Bexxxx
Ive seen your school uniform picture enough, its everywhere!

Maybe the pic is actually her?
Reply 30
hahah I don't even know what my mother would do! Probably shake her head and mutter about the "youth of today" :p:

[not really, thats more my nan]

but I'd only wear tights, way too lazy to bother with suspenders etc
Reply 31
tinkerbellejess
Maybe the pic is actually her?

Whoever it is, it's posted with alarming regularity in her threads. Though two posts in a row takes it to new extremes.
Reply 32
It might be her, but I dont want to see it in every thread she makes.
what are holdups?

:redface:
Reply 34
tami*
what are holdups?

there like a cross between tights, suspenders and socks I think.
Bexxxx
It might be her, but I dont want to see it in every thread she makes.

Or three times and counting in every thread she makes...:rolleyes:
tami*
what are holdups?

they're stockings, but with silicon rings along the top thick bit (which is called the welt), so they stick to your leg and stay up :biggrin:
Reply 37
Perhaps everyone (and mum) were right! I made it through the day with no problems. No worrying about holdups slipping, no pulling tights up. Loads more comfortable than tights or holdups. I may be a convert to stockings and suspenders!
I heard a girl say on my bus once that when she was a kid she used to wear another pair of underwear over her tights to keep them up. If all else fails...

just saying.
Hey Op, your headgirl is one of my friends, coolio. Haha.. I go to CGS, we are cooler. :smile:
Yeah, the stockings look fine.

Latest