The Student Room Group

TSR Moderation team changes discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Juwel
Unfair, as 1) is not necessarily an indicator of regular presence on the forum and 2) not all Sports forummers are like this. That said, I've identified only one candidate that I deem suitable and worthy, and made my nomination of them in AAM.

I'd rather a second mod, one that both can mod Sports in Rafa's absence and has an understanding of the forum that globals won't necessarily have.

But one requirement that was outlined was to post frequently in the sports forum.
I think I've a rough idea of who you mean, it will be interesting to see how it develops and if proven correct.
I dunno, I'm kinda starting to see Juwel's point. You don't really need to post -- just be around and know where the line is.

I have nothing against the regular posters, and most of them are very good posters but I don't think a new sports mod is neccessary. It's just a place you discuss things after a game. If it gets out of hand, usually, one of the older members usually calls someone on it. Recently, I think it's almost self-moderated. There's no need to get too authoritarian.

Meh, it's not something I feel strongly about or anything. Just sharing my thoughts.
Reply 322
Ronaldo VII
But one requirement that was outlined was to post frequently in the sports forum.
I think I've a rough idea of who you mean, it will be interesting to see how it develops and if proven correct.

I cede that but I guess they mean that the person won't disappear for weeks at a time and abandon their post should they be appointed. And as we've seen, Hubert Poo and Rafa had for whatever reason posted less frequently upon their appointment so I don't think that posting in itself is meant as anything more than a proxy for regular visitation to the forum. I could be wrong, and hope a mod points this out if I am.
Welcome to the new mods:

Melancholy in Debate and Discussion

River85 in Universities

and

Vesta who will now be moderating all forums

Congratulations all :biggrin:
Reply 324
Well done Melancholy and River85.

Ooo congratulations, Vesta!
Congrats, especially to Melancholy :biggrin:
Congrats guys

MB
Reply 327
Congratulations, all of you. :biggrin:

There's now two major Simon Amstell fans on the team.
Well done :smile:
Vesta as a global. God help us all :p: (Just kidding.)

Congrats guys
Reply 330
Congrats Vesa, well deserved.

And nobody better for minimod than Melancholy. Nobody.

I don't know the third new person, but I'm sure they'll do a great job :o:
River85 was a brilliant choice, tbh.
congrats guys.

:rofl:
Reply 333
well done to all :biggrin:
Congrats guys!!

(btw Vesta is the wrong shade of blue?)
Reply 335
Good going, kids. Keep up whatever good work you've been doing.
Reply 336
Don't know much about Melancholy and Vesta, but well done :smile:

River85 is always posting copious amounts of great help & advice in the University section, so it's good to see his contribution has been recognised. Congratulations :smile:
Reply 337
Ahaha. See Shaks, I knew it. And you thought you were being so elusive. :p: Well done though. :biggrin:

And congrats to everyone else as well. :^_^:
Thanks for the congrats :smile:
Reply 339

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending