Results are out! Find what you need...fast. Get quick advice or join the chat
Hey there Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

TSR Moderation team changes discussion thread

Announcements Posted on
    • 27 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pharm Boy)
    Until souldoubt and I were modded, Chat didn't have a mod for ages. Sure it'll survive for 'til they find someone.
    Hope so! I'd do it again but I can't, so I resorted to updating my sticky again.
    • 60 followers

ReputationRep:
    ice_cube
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PoGo HoPz)
    I know who I'll be voting for. :ninja:
    How do you vote? And when? :holmes:
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    How do you vote? And when? :holmes:
    When they announce publicly that they're looking for a new chat mod, you can then nominate whoever you want in 'moderator nominations'. :yep:
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    When they announce publicly that they're looking for a new chat mod, you can then nominate whoever you want in 'moderator nominations'. :yep:
    Ah right. I would totally vote you :flutter:
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    :blush:
    • 164 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak137)
    Nominations aren't the same as voting, you realise? :nah:
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Nominations aren't the same as voting, you realise? :nah:
    I know, only existing mods can vote for potential mods, can't they?
    • 8 followers

ReputationRep:
    I know, only existing mods can vote for potential mods, can't they?
    I am sure they'll discuss every user, then they'll make a decision on whether or not that person would be a mod, don't think its voting.
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mr tim)
    I am sure they'll discuss every user, then they'll make a decision on whether or not that person would be a mod, don't think its voting.
    Well from the way Illusionary said it, it sounded as if he was implying that they all vote on it. :dontknow:
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    There isn't a vote as such, typically the admin/supers will discuss the candidates between them and come to a consensus. It'd normally be run past the existing mods in the same area too, but in this case that's not needed.
    • 38 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EierVonSatan)
    There isn't a vote as such, typically the admin/supers will discuss the candidates between them and come to a consensus. It'd normally be run past the existing mods in the same area too, but in this case that's not needed.
    Do you mean to say that there's no such thing as Strictly Come Modding? :zomg:
    • 36 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dez)
    Can we do this and can Mangoh be a contestent
    • 141 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laut_biru)
    Can we do this and can Mangoh be a contestent
    Actually, I was thinking this would be more im so academic's sort of area, to be honest.
    • 45 followers

(Original post by Dez)
    No, it's more The Mod Factor, if anything. You'll never guess who the Simon Cowell type is :sly:
    • 49 followers

ReputationRep:
    Modding on Ice
    • 47 followers

(Original post by EierVonSatan)
    That's actually a bit misleading - nowadays it's much more of an open discussion and collective decision-making process with the area mods, rather than just running it past them (I think this might have changed slightly since you were last on the team, and you haven't had the opportunity to be involved in any mod recruitment yet since you've rejoined us!)
    • 48 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fleur de lis)
    That's actually a bit misleading - nowadays it's much more of an open discussion and collective decision-making process with the area mods, rather than just running it past them (I think this might have changed slightly since you were last on the team, and you haven't had the opportunity to be involved in any mod recruitment yet since you've rejoined us!)
    Perhaps I phrased that badly, I wasn't suggesting that decisions where made before purples of that area were involved.
    • 53 followers

ReputationRep:
    On the subject of deciding mods, when do you guys think the new D&CA mods will be picked?
    • 73 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gofre)
    On the subject of deciding mods, when do you guys think the new D&CA mods will be picked?
    Was wondering this too.

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By joining you agree to our Ts and Cs, privacy policy and site rules

2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: August 18, 2014
New on TSR

GCSE results day

How to make sure you're prepared for Thursday

Article updates
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.