The Student Room Group

TSR Moderation team changes discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by mr tim
I am sure they'll discuss every user, then they'll make a decision on whether or not that person would be a mod, don't think its voting.
Well from the way Illusionary said it, it sounded as if he was implying that they all vote on it. :dontknow:
There isn't a vote as such, typically the admin/supers will discuss the candidates between them and come to a consensus. It'd normally be run past the existing mods in the same area too, but in this case that's not needed.
Reply 3562
Original post by EierVonSatan
There isn't a vote as such, typically the admin/supers will discuss the candidates between them and come to a consensus. It'd normally be run past the existing mods in the same area too, but in this case that's not needed.

Do you mean to say that there's no such thing as Strictly Come Modding? :zomg:
Original post by Dez

Can we do this and can Mangoh be a contestent :colone:
Original post by laut_biru
Can we do this and can Mangoh be a contestent :colone:
Actually, I was thinking this would be more im so academic's sort of area, to be honest. :wink:
Original post by Dez

No, it's more The Mod Factor, if anything. You'll never guess who the Simon Cowell type is :sly:
Reply 3566
Modding on Ice
Original post by EierVonSatan

That's actually a bit misleading - nowadays it's much more of an open discussion and collective decision-making process with the area mods, rather than just running it past them :smile: (I think this might have changed slightly since you were last on the team, and you haven't had the opportunity to be involved in any mod recruitment yet since you've rejoined us!)
Original post by fleur de lis
That's actually a bit misleading - nowadays it's much more of an open discussion and collective decision-making process with the area mods, rather than just running it past them :smile: (I think this might have changed slightly since you were last on the team, and you haven't had the opportunity to be involved in any mod recruitment yet since you've rejoined us!)

Perhaps I phrased that badly, I wasn't suggesting that decisions where made before purples of that area were involved.
On the subject of deciding mods, when do you guys think the new D&CA mods will be picked?
Was wondering this too.
Next week or so methinks :smile:
Reply 3572
Original post by Champagne Supernova
No, it's more The Mod Factor, if anything. You'll never guess who the Simon Cowell type is :sly:

It's got to be Fleur. :ninja:
Original post by Dez

I do not wear my trousers up by my chest.
A popular misconception. Simon Cowell doesn't wear his trousers up to his chest. :rolleyes:
Original post by ViceVersa
Was wondering this too.

Soon, hopefully within the next week or so as Fleur said. It's kind of an awkward time of year what with everyone having exams/other irl stuff so it's slowing things down a bit.
Original post by Dez

As if you guessed first time :hmmm:

:lies:

Original post by PoGo HoPz
A popular misconception. Simon Cowell doesn't wear his trousers up to his chest. :rolleyes:

Original post by Dez

She does, however, wear V neck sweaters to show off her hairy chest.
Reply 3578
Ice you later. It is shame to see to see you go.
Original post by ice_cube
x

:zomg:

Quick Reply