The Student Room Group

TSR Moderation team changes discussion thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Didn't see that coming :mute:

Congratufubumulations TotallyDeterministicGirl.

musicbloke
I want to change my name to Acalia.

MB

Ha!
Reply 61
Congrats RG, if there's one person who deserves this it's you ;yes;
Reply 62
Welcome guys :biggrin:

I've already felt the wrath of la trampa :redface:
congratulations randomgirl :hugs::hugs::hugs:
Reply 64
I've just seen Nefarious with a red name.. is he admin now? #zomg#

edit, okay maybe I'm just.. slow. :indiff:
Reply 65
Charl
I've just seen Nefarious with a red name.. is he admin now? #zomg#

edit, okay maybe I'm just.. slow. :indiff:

Its mentioned in the staff blog :smile:
Reply 66
I just noticed randomgirl now has power, it scared me :afraid:

Never trust a person with arthur in their avatar :p:

Well done anyway :smile:
SuperDaz

I'm nice :puppyeyes:

Reply 68
SuperDaz

The very fact that there is Aruthur in the avatar is reason enough to trust her :hmmm:

Congratulations randomgirl! :biggrin:
Welcome to the new minimods:

Brimstone who will be moderating in General Discussion

and

Nina who will be moderating in the Universities Sections

Congratulations :biggrin:
Reply 70
Ooh, hello :smile:

Edit : Well done Nina, too :smile:
Reply 71
Fiona?

Isn't giving "professional" advice incredibly risky on the internet and generally inadvisable?? :s-smilie:
Reply 72
Well done Nina and Brim:hugs:
Saffie
Fiona?

Isn't giving "professional" advice incredibly risky on the internet and generally inadvisable?? :s-smilie:

Fiona is a professional advisor in that she works in mental health and so has experience in that field, but she is not giving professional advice.
Congratulations :biggrin:

*passes the noob hat*
Oooh congrats guys :biggrin:. Much deserved both of you!

MB
Reply 76
fleur de lis
Fiona is a professional advisor in that she works in mental health and so has experience in that field, but she is not giving professional advice.

If she's not giving professional advice, why is she blue and *different*?
Saffie
If she's not giving professional advice, why is she blue and *different*?

I think Fleur worded that badly, essentially Fiona is a healthcare professional, however, advice she gives on the forum is limited by the fact that she doesn't meet the people in person and only has what they say to go on. As such it isn't a substitute for seeking professional help in real life.

We're working with Fiona at the moment to find the best way she can help users who would like and who need her help. We're trialling the idea at the moment so wording of her title, her role, and even whether we continue with this kind of thing long term are all up in the air atm.
Yeah, I did word that badly, sorry! :redface:
Reply 79
Nefarious
I think Fleur worded that badly, essentially Fiona is a healthcare professional, however, advice she gives on the forum is limited by the fact that she doesn't meet the people in person and only has what they say to go on. As such it isn't a substitute for seeking professional help in real life.

We're working with Fiona at the moment to find the best way she can help users who would like and need her help. We're trialling the idea at the moment so wording of her title, her role, and even whether we continue with this kind of thing long term are all up in the air atm.

There are qualified doctors, as well as almost qualified doctors who frequent H&R too and give advice.

If TSR is getting professionals to work on here as professionals, (as Fiona is doing), then I think she needs some sort of disclaimer in her signature and she needs to be quite careful. As you say, we don't know enough to categorically diagnose anyone over the internet and it's generally considered unprofessional to do so.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending