The Student Room Group

private sociology aqa help!

Hi I am going to do sociology AQA. I am a private student no tutor no nothing and I am going to start studying for my AS modules in january now. I am taking Health, wealth poverty welfare and theory and method. I am an international student and don't really now how much I need to learn to get an A. I have bought the Haralambos book and basically I'm wondering how to go about studying. Is it enough to memorize the introductory chapter and the chapters dealing with my topics or do I need additional info from somewhere else? Any other resources that might help? In essay questions how much do you write normaly? Thank you for any help
Reply 1
anyone?
Reply 2
The harlambos is more than enough, just read through over and over and im sure youll be fine. thats what i do anyway!
Harlambos is the best book as its very detailed, however I would also suggest that you get Sociology in Focus as its less detailed but is useful when revising or just clearing up a few points
Just Like to note that you'd have to take an exam in january, so Id start to revise sooner!
Reply 5
sorry I wasn't writing very clearly
I am starting to studying now for my exams that I will sit in january which are going to be the AS units
Whoops completely misread the post xD

Anyway heres a website where you can test how much you know, I find It really useful for revision.

http://home.clara.net/chrisgardner/sls1/tests/testmenu.htm
Reply 7
do I only need to know relevant chapters or all of the book?
Reply 8
anyone?
ghy56_
do I only need to know relevant chapters or all of the book?

Just the chapters you are going to be sitting, for instance, at AS I did "Mass Media" and "Education"

I would reccomend also purchasing the student unit guides for your appropiate areas of study, for instance if you were doing education as one of your options I would get this

Good luck! :biggrin:
Reply 10
oh thank you very much that makes it a lot easier
ghy56_
oh thank you very much that makes it a lot easier

No problem... :p:

Latest

Trending

Trending