The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

vaz19
did any do the essay on cheap airlines?

I did that one.

Don't think it went amazingly, but not awful. B/C ? :frown: I need an A :redface:
Tinkerbee
I did that one.

Don't think it went amazingly, but not awful. B/C ? :frown: I need an A :redface:

Lol. I need an A as well.

Didn't do too well on the Ford question at all. And my BUS4 paper sucked so bad.:s-smilie:
MakingMoves
Lol. I need an A as well.

Didn't do too well on the Ford question at all. And my BUS4 paper sucked so bad.:s-smilie:

I did that one in January, nearly cried after I had finished I thought it went so badly :redface: but I just got a B, so wasnt end of the world :s-smilie: Not yet anyway
God. I'm not kidding, i missed out a 14 marker due to timing. And I couldn't do the calculations either.

Some how I don't think I m gonna get my predicted A.
Reply 24
Did anyone else recommend not to move to china?
I hate it when you think you have done well and you see all these other good points and opinions, i think i messed it up now.

If the pound is going to be -18% compared to chinese currency does that make imports from china to uk more expensive?
jonjoe
Did anyone else recommend not to move to china?
I hate it when you think you have done well and you see all these other good points and opinions, i think i messed it up now.

If the pound is going to be -18% compared to chinese currency does that make imports from china to uk more expensive?

I recommended they didnt move...

but ignored the currency as I couldnt work out of -18% was good or bad or what :redface: Oh Lord I'm screwed :s-smilie: One of many mistakes....
Reply 26
Tinkerbee
I recommended they didnt move...

but ignored the currency as I couldnt work out of -18% was good or bad or what :redface: Oh Lord I'm screwed :s-smilie: One of many mistakes....

Same as me! :smile:

Couldnt remember whether currency change was good for moving or not so just skipped over it

Thinking about it should have said how currency rates are outside influence of business but affect it :frown:
Reply 27
I think it went alright, most people did the Apple question cause there was so much to write for it but it may mean you need to do better in it to get good marks.

I put they shouldnt move but it became hard to evaluate why they shouldnt move, its easier to evaluate why they should move cause you could mention the different factors it depended on.
Reply 28
The change in exchange rates makes imports from China more expensive, and it makes investment in China more expensive.
i thought the xchange rate meant that if dey relocated to china dat dey cud export der goods 4 cheaper???????
Reply 30
I panicked, opened the paper..mind went blank and thought "****, MUST...WRITE......"
Who knows, im hoping for and think i got a C. But as most of the marks are evaluative, im really worried now.... :frown:
spenceox
I panicked, opened the paper..mind went blank and thought "****, MUST...WRITE......"
Who knows, im hoping for and think i got a C. But as most of the marks are evaluative, im really worried now.... :frown:

I was really unmotivated to work, due to doing a poor unit 4 paper before it. :frown:
Reply 32
Joaquin Phoneix
i thought the xchange rate meant that if dey relocated to china dat dey cud export der goods 4 cheaper???????

Nope. The pound decreased in value against the yuan. Which means you can't get as many yuan for each pound. So everything becomes more expensive.
Reply 33
My girlfriend of all people was sat right next to me as well!!! SO off putting.
yh just realised.....wot a mare
Reply 35
MakingMoves

Did anyone do Question 2 on Ford?

yes, and I did a very bad job at it as well :frown:

Joaquin Phoneix

I sincerely hope you didnt write like that in your exam or you're screwed for the Quality of Written Communication marks. Thats if the examiner can even read what you put!

Overall, I hate talking about exams afterwards cause theres so many points I realise I missed out but knew in the back of my mind. I dont panic as much when I dont talk about it lol
Reply 36
I did the Apple question and unlike everyone else said it would be crazy to expand into the game console market at this time (but recommended they consider it in the future for release when the current consoles begin to get old - as long as they can beat the opposition to release date)

Entering an incredibly saturated market in a period of global recession? They'd be crazy.
Invent
yes, and I did a very bad job at it as well :frown:

So what other factors did you write about apart from culture.
Reply 38
I just wanted to know, the second half of the exam that is the question. Were you supposed to relate it to 'now', i.e. reality 2008 and what's happening in the economy now? And, were you supposed to relate, for example, Apple to what we know about Apple.
Reply 39
mhsc
I did the Apple question and unlike everyone else said it would be crazy to expand into the game console market at this time (but recommended they consider it in the future for release when the current consoles begin to get old - as long as they can beat the opposition to release date)

Entering an incredibly saturated market in a period of global recession? They'd be crazy.

That was exactly my point. It certainly shouldn't be a priority, because there is too much risk and they should try and get the most out of the iPod brand first.

Latest