This poll is closed

Which shoes and shrug

Navy shoes40%
Mink shoes10%
orange shrug10%
sand shrug10%
black shrug30%
Total votes: 10
Okay, so I have a couple of items of clothing that hang in my wardrobe but I never wear because I can never seem to find anything that goes with them...it's not that I don't have anything, it's just I'm never sure if anything matches (I have a horrible problem of making things clash really badly...)
...So can anyone suggest what I can wear with them/how to make an outfit out of them...?

- red skinny jeans (Christmas present from Primark)
- blue and brown beach shorts (the one in this picture)
- several Freespirit/Roxy t shirts (especially grey and green, never know if I should wear skinny jeans, crops, etc...)
- red tartan H&M blazer (my friend told me it looked good, I'm starting to have second thoughts...)

Thank you!

Scroll to see replies

well for the red skinny jeans, you could combine with a white top, probably a strappy top. then add white shoes if you have any and white-ish jewellery.
Reply 2
I would say don't wear the red skinnies!! I really don't like them personally, but I guess if you reeeaallly wanted to put them with a plain top like littlemissstar suggested.
For the beach shorts..erm, I think they'd look good with a bikini top when you're on the beach or just a plain vest top.
The t-shirts...well, either a nice denim skirt/shorts or some denim cut offs. Add a good belt and some flip flops to finish the outfit off.
The red tartan blazer is probably more of a winter piece of clothing. If it's how I'm imagining I think it would look good with jeans and a black polo neck top and maybe some red/black pumps.
Hope that helped :smile:
Ihave an informal interview tomorrow and i have no idea what to wear, it says informal but what does that mean? Because you can think of formal being a long gown and men in tuxedos, but does it include wearing black trousers and a nice shirt or top?

Should i go casual, casual formal? I think dressing in black trousers and a nice shirt is a safer option than three quarter lengths and a vest top lol.
Reply 4
Better to be overdressed, than under.

I'd go with the black trousers and smart shirt.
Yeah, i think i'll opt for that as its the safer option, there's nothing worse than making a bad first impression because you have to work extra hard to recover from it.
Reply 6
I always did casual formal.
Helloo
I got the skirt I ordered last week today, finally!! It fits really well but I'm just not sure what to wear with it. I got it to wear as a summery kind of skirt, but also to dress up when I need to do clinics and stuff at university, so any help of nice stuff would be greatly appreciated! Here are some pics :smile:

And sorry about how messy my room is.

Oh I thought I would get this top to go with it...and tuck it in, what do you think?

http://www.republic.co.uk/Tops/Miso-Beaded-Chiffon-Top/invt/85158

Thank you!!
Reply 8
The Republic top looks too floaty to wear with the skirt, being a sort of tulip shape the skirt sits out and enhances everyones hips (unfortunately so for me), so it's best you opt for a tight sort of top that can be tucked in, or even a shirt. The colour of the top is nice though, you could opt for a plain shirt tucked in and jazz it up with accessories. Sorry, I would help more via links but I've got an exam to attend to :frown:
StotheL
The Republic top looks too floaty to wear with the skirt, being a sort of tulip shape the skirt sits out and enhances everyones hips (unfortunately so for me), so it's best you opt for a tight sort of top that can be tucked in, or even a shirt. The colour of the top is nice though, you could opt for a plain shirt tucked in and jazz it up with accessories. Sorry, I would help more via links but I've got an exam to attend to :frown:

Ha I know look at my hips in that pic, HUGE but I was thinking as long as I make my waist look small it's all good but thank you I guess that's true.. I will try it out and see what it looks like thanks anyway :smile: and good luck!
I have a small square Hermes scarf which I bought as a decoration for a bag but I want to try wearing it. It is big enough to tie round the neck to look like this:

It is the size of the second one along (is that Sienna? idk). Anyway, I dont know what to wear with it to dress it down. Its summer so obviously a jumper is out... Would a dress look ok? Pictures of dress styles would help..

Could I wear it as a headscarf too? Fold it and make it into a headband? Or use it to tye hair up? I am so unsure. I dont want it to look too mature, which I know can happen with silk scarves. Plus my look is pretty casual so I'm unsure whether a silk scarf would clash. Any ideas would be great.
Reply 11
Silk scarfs can be worn as a part of your outfit or in your hair. You can wear it anyway you like really: as a hair band or round your neck. However, if you wear it with a dress round your neck I immediately think 'cowgirl' ha, because I don't think it'd look right. It'd look great in your hair to be honest, and if your outfit isn't too dressy I don't see how it would clash. What colour is it?
I've wanted a pair of summer wedges for ages now, and I quite like these from Topshop:

http://www.topshop.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?beginIndex=0&viewAllFlag=&catalogId=19551&storeId=12556&categoryId=73932&parent_category_rn=42358&productId=625844&langId=-1

However, I don't know if the colour's too bright! They do come in yellow and also black, but I don't think the yellow'll go with much and the black's a bit boring for summer.
Do you think they'd look good with jeans/skirt and a vest top?

Reply 13
They'd look really pretty with a skirt/vest top :biggrin: I like them!
Wow, they are really nice! :biggrin:
Reply 15
ooooh....me wants them

seriously tho, they're really nice, and wearing bright shoes is an easy and not too overstated way of brightening up a whole outfit...just wear red accessories with them...maybe a red belt or necklace to show them off and make the outfit appear more put together!
^^^

Yup... me to.. I luv shoes.... :love:
I'm not a fan of wedges at all, but those are absolutely stunning.
I feel converted :biggrin:

I think the red colour is perfect, they stand out but not too much. As you have already said, black is slightly boring although it would go with alot of stuff I guess.
Reply 18
*Goes and buys*
They are sooo nice, bright shoes are awesome in the summer!
Reply 19
Anyone have a pair of shoes in more than one colour? I feel a major catastrophic splurge coming on.

They are a pair of patent court platforms (I love that word platform). I like 4 colours yellow, orange, pink and red

My flatmate who is a male :rolleyes: does not think there is any point in getting yellow and orange

The other colours they come in are black, blue and a dark shade of red

I would just like to add that I will be a full time student from September so this is sort of stocking up :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending