The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I don't understand how the marking work.. 48 out of 84 can't be an A cos I got 60 marks out of 84 for my coursework and it was a C grade 54 UMS ??? why do they convert the marks into UMS ?
Reply 21
I really thought it was horrible, there were at least 20 of us done it and none of us finished it. I heard one person didn't make it past 3b! It should definately be extended and the grade boundaries adjusted accordingly! Thankfully BUS5W was a little nicer although my overall A looks doubtful now because of a stupid finance papers, we were pressured into learning the ratios and not one came up. Great.
Reply 22
Everything I revised in depth, unions, ratios, market planning, laws. Question on market budgeting, used table 1 instead of figure 1 before realising my mistake, wrote 5 lines (aimed for 1 in content, analysis, application and evaluation) for the IT question and CPA was in its crap form. Did the last question and the workforce planning one ok, the rest of it, bang, its gone. I will happily settle for a D in this now (wanted an A in Business, looks like that a mere dream now). All in all was crap, bring on unit 6 eh? :\
Reply 23
Cheers Monica!!
So say its basically the same thing?if you get an A in raw marks then you get an A in UMS marks?
NETUSA 07- coursework is graded differentyl,usualy higher boundaries,it shows u this of you go on the website. Like in my Psychology coursework, i needed to get 52 out of 60 to get an A which is much higher grade boundaries than in the exam
Reply 24
the ums grade boundaires are the same across all exams for 90 or 120 UMS graded exams so that AS can be out of 300 UMS and A2 out of 600. however it is the raw marks that are different andthis depends on each individiual exam.
Reply 25
wat does UMS stand for ?
Reply 26
omg people, i jus realised, i times my labour productity answer by 100 :O omg i am soo stupid!!

gr8 i hav officialli flopped :frown:
Reply 27
thats the same thing i done Aswell fizzydizzy... lol
Reply 28
I didn't multiply the other by 100, so I've got something like 0.036p (random made up figure, can't remember actual answer), so basically, I think, we're all screwed :frown:
Reply 29
man! so dey hav 2 put the boundaries down lol
Reply 30
fizzydizzy
man! so dey hav 2 put the boundaries down lol

yeah they will. it was a bitch. id be happy with a c in this paper. i just need to kick ass in unit 6 to make sure i get an a overall.
Reply 31
i wanted an A, but really doubt it now
Reply 32
what did you get for the question about labour and litres of juice? i dont know if i did it right i remember getting something like 5p and 6p. i think this was question 2aii)
Reply 33
Sounds about right monica, certainly more convincing than mine! Thing is fizzy, me you and punk are all chasing As yet we're all pretty convinced we've done crap. If we're the higher calibre of candidate, think about the lower ones. I can seriously conceive the ground boundaries being a record low! (Based on the thead and other reactions)
Reply 34
FrancisM89
Sounds about right monica, certainly more convincing than mine! Thing is fizzy, me you and punk are all chasing As yet we're all pretty convinced we've done crap. If we're the higher calibre of candidate, think about the lower ones. I can seriously conceive the ground boundaries being a record low! (Based on the thead and other reactions)

hmmm ur rite! lolz
Reply 35

Lame. .

Last question about options. . i rushed so badly that i didn't look at the 2nd page with all the information but looked at the page on the side about employment and just talked about the small market[a] and big market
overall. .

i cannot believe how stupid i was? i went totally disabled due to the fact they killed my confidence first question[sales forecast] didn't write much there half a page for 8 marks?. . the labour calcuations never came up on past papers? why ****ing nowwwwwwww when its our turn!

FFS. . i done 10 hours a day for 7 days for this? wow

Edit*

hmm did you guys do £200,000 x each discount factor.. add all them up and take em away from the cost?
i hope i got the npv right otherwise im finished
Thing is fizzy, me you and punk are all chasing As yet we're all pretty convinced we've done crap. If we're the higher calibre of candidate, think about the lower ones.

I'm also chasing an A, I feel sorry for those that didn't revise enough expecting to coast through it like I myself have done for GCSE and AS, I think it's taken most of us by surprise and I feel for those who aren't going to make it into the uni they want by not meeting their grades, despite having done revision but not expecting labour productivity or NPV to come up, of which i may be one.

It's a depressing thought, but no use dwelling on it I suppose :frown:
Reply 37
FrancisM89

im chasing an A and failing :p:
i did so well last year got 275/300 UMS which is like 93% and i really wanted an A this year but it seems its going down the pan!
Reply 38
the case study was APPALLING there was no business it was just Bill and Joe :s-smilie:
Reply 39
zealouz
the case study was APPALLING there was no business it was just Bill and Joe :s-smilie:

agreed.

Latest