The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

i got 200,000 and 500,000.
most people in my school got that, so hopefully it sounds about right :biggrin:
did anyone get some funny answer like 3.6 p for labour cost per litre or something like that?
Reply 102
For the net cash flow i got £300,000 instead of £200,000 cause i forgot to take away fixed costs of £100,000. How many marks do you think that I could get for that??? Plus, for the NPV, cause i got the wrong net cash flow, it would have made my NPV wrong. Do you think I would get method marks for that???

Aaaahhh... the exam was a killer!!! Where were the ratios and the CPA diagram to fill in?? LOL

did anyone get some funny answer like 3.6 p for labour cost per litre or something like that?

yup.
JLou01
For the net cash flow i got £300,000 instead of £200,000 cause i forgot to take away fixed costs of £100,000. How many marks do you think that I could get for that??? Plus, for the NPV, cause i got the wrong net cash flow, it would have made my NPV wrong. Do you think I would get method marks for that???

You'd get all of the marks for the NPV, they use the own figure rule so you aren't penalised twice.
Reply 105
i stupidly messed up cash flow and npv
i did a cumunalative one i reckon

but i might get one or two marks i hope.

x
Reply 106

i wish i could rewind time and fix my mistakes

why the ef didn't i use pages 2 figures for the last question?

i started talking about the independent/supermarket overall. .
how the independent has little costs there inexperienced they should gain more capital before moving on to the supermarket
how they should use marketing strat,planning,objectives[smart]

total failure

edit* which was the easiest questions you found?

i found the it related one the easiest,
npv was good along with CPA disadvantages.
the rest i improvised & tried making sense of what i wrote
how did u guys workout the net cashflow for the five years? I know how to workout the net present value .. the thing that messed me up is the net cash flow .. I worked out the net cash flow for the first year and it said on the bottom of the box that the sales are expected to increase by 2% I used that to workout the third year.. there were five discount rates for five years weren't there?

The last question I didn't answer it properly .. run out of time.!! I think I failed that exam!
Reply 108
netuser07
how did u guys workout the net cashflow for the five years? I know how to workout the net present value .. the thing that messed me up is the net cash flow .. I worked out the net cash flow for the first year and it said on the bottom of the box that the sales are expected to increase by 2% I used that to workout the third year.. there were five discount rates for five years weren't there?

The last question I didn't answer it properly .. run out of time.!! I think I failed that exam!

net cash flow as in the 2 mark question?

fixed cost + variable cost was 300K

profit [0.50p x 1m] 500k

500k-300k gave 200k

yr 1 200k x [the year 1 discount factor given]
yr 2 200k x [the year 2 discount factor given]
yr 3 200k x [the year 3 discount factor given]
yr 4 200k x [the year 4 discount factor given]
yr 5 200k x [the year 5 discount factor given]

add em all up.. and take it away from the cost

gives you the npv.. i could be wrong =P thats what i done anyway
:frown: where did u get the 0.50p figure?
3ak I think u done alright .. most of the students in my sixth form couldn't workout the net present value !
i think u missed out something though, it said in the table the annual sales are likely to increase by 2% so u were suppose to use that figure to workout the net return..
in ur answer u assumed that the net cash flow will be the same during the five years!!
Reply 113
netuser07
in ur answer u assumed that the net cash flow will be the same during the five years!!

lol, you might be right i never saw anything about adding so i kept it simple. .
however a few friends and i were discussing and they said they used 200k each year? So i dont really know =)
Oops, taking away the cost is exactly what I didn't do! How pants, I did all the hard work and flopped at the final herdle. :p: Yeah, I got £200k for the cash flow, and then 6p per litre and 3.6p per litre for the other calculations. Fingers crossed.
netuser07

I think in the table thing it did say that sales were expected to rise by a few percent, I'm not sure they were expecting us to take that into consideration though... it was only a 4 mark question.
wat did u people write for the marketing budget question?
fizzydizzy
wat did u people write for the marketing budget question?

which question number was that one?
ilove2shopx
which question number was that one?

umm i cant remembaa was it 2?
Reply 119
Mr_Deeds
I think in the table thing it did say that sales were expected to rise by a few percent, I'm not sure they were expecting us to take that into consideration though... it was only a 4 mark question.

yes, i think i might of lost a mark if this is true?
about the sales increasing but 3% annually.
That was the worst case study they could of given us.. i done all pass papers from 03 jan/june to 07 jan/june by far that was the worst.

for workforce planning i dont knw why? but i wrote bill and joe dont even have a proper job role. . What happened to oh joe is the human resources director and stuff? like other papers.

Latest

Trending

Trending