The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Really? What do u need on maths for an A or whatever you want? I know a little bit about those too, im a boundary man! :P
Reply 21
Paulmurph272005
Another thing you all probably know but if u dont you will be delighted to know..... The highest mark OCR have ever asked for for an A in FFE is 62/90 raw score, which gives 72/90 UMS! So there is a lot of scope for error and can still get an A. The average is about 61/90 for FFE, 66/90 for materials, and about 92/120 for Unifying Concepts.

Delighted as you suggested. Being harsh on myself, I figured I'd dropped up to 20 or so. Need a high score in this one.. maybe I'll get it:smile: Cheers mate

With respect to the UC 92/120, I assume your coursework mark the same in raw and UMS? But the UC portion is subject to change?
Reply 22
Paulmurph272005
Another thing you all probably know but if u dont you will be delighted to know..... The highest mark OCR have ever asked for for an A in FFE is 62/90 raw score, which gives 72/90 UMS! So there is a lot of scope for error and can still get an A. The average is about 61/90 for FFE, 66/90 for materials, and about 92/120 for Unifying Concepts.

Wow really! I just thought you always had to get 80% for an A :s-smilie:
Reply 23
Unifying concepts is HIGH!
mrhenryh
Delighted as you suggested. Being harsh on myself, I figured I'd dropped up to 20 or so. Need a high score in this one.. maybe I'll get it:smile: Cheers mate

With respect to the UC 92/120, I assume your coursework mark the same in raw and UMS? But the UC portion is subject to change?

The Coursework and the practical add up to 60 of the 120 for Unifying Concepts, and the Paper itself is worth 60. That will probably be the reason they expect 92/120 for an A in UC, because they expect most people to get 50 or more in the practical and coursework, leaving about 42/43 for an A in the paper itself, which is about 70% which i would think is fair considering its a very nasty paper. I didnt enjoy this years i must say, just hope i got most of the 60 marks on the practical/coursework!

Latest