The Student Room Group
it's the shadow in the dim light. bright light just whites you out, doesn't show any of the tone because there's not much shadow cast
god, never look at yourself in bright light. I am by no means a size zero, but i like to think I have an ok figure. One night, when in a club's toilets, I was stood side-on at a mirror with a strapless dress on using the hand-drier and when I looked to the right, my arm was disgusting, all dimpled and fat-looking. I showed my friend the effect the mirror had and it did the same to her otherwise slim arms!

I think maybe club owners think you'll be too drunk to notice, or think it'll take you down a peg or two, or drink more to get over the anguish lol. Dont worry, nobody looks good in bright light!
The dim lighting can make you look more defined because the muscles cast shadows.
Reply 4
I thought it was the other way round, thats why in those maximuscle before and after pics, the guy is hunched over, in dark ighting with shadows.
Then the after pic is on a white background with full on white lighting
Bright light = truth
Reply 6
I look ****ing amazing in the dark.
Reply 7
In the dark I look rather a lot like Dale from Big Brother actually.
supernova2
Bright light = truth

Natural light, surely..?
Reply 9
Never look into the mirror of a shop changing room!! Was it in one of these by any chance?? Lol. I swear shops have some kind of alterior motive to absolutely flatten your self esteem...
Reply 10
Boo_2
Never look into the mirror of a shop changing room!! Was it in one of these by any chance?? Lol. I swear shops have some kind of alterior motive to absolutely flatten your self esteem...

Urgh, totally. The bright lights in there are just horrible on the body, they magnify every single flaw.

Some shops have caught on now, H&M have somewhat dim lighting and certain others have gone the complete other way and use slimming mirrors.
Reply 11
PaperMoon

H&M have somewhat dim lighting and certain others have gone the complete other way and use slimming mirrors.

The H&M in the centre of Bristol has actually changed the lighting in changing rooms from a mellow, slimming colour to a bright, neon white, the most unflattering possible... I want to know what they were thinking when they made this decision. For me, looking so utterly HIDEOUS when trying on clothing makes me NOT want to buy it... duuuuuhhhhhh
Reply 12
I'm a bit baffled by this, if you're a large cetacean a bloody mirror is not going to turn you into a porpoise or change you in any real way.
Boo_2

Thanks! I was in a shop yesterday (mucking around trying on things I would NEVER wear) and I noticed that my stomach looked horrible, I was SO upset - I'm actually quite thin, I just need to do a bit of exercise lol (I ate 3 chocolate bars to get over it :frown: - more junk food than I usually eat in a year!). But now I'm happy. :biggrin: BTW, I agree lol.

Latest