The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2100
Celtic_Anthony
1st goal was shocking, 2nd was a penalty that shouldn't have been given. Conceded the first needlessly because we went to sleep. However, it did come from a run down the wing and maybe the new 4-3-3 meant that there was confusion as to who was the one that had to cover.

Huns have conceded plenty of goals to pish teams, none of that. Falkirk, St Mirren, St Johnstone, Hamilton and Motherwell this year in the league.

Positives today: Rasmussen is what we've been needing, Keane is a class apart, Braafheid looks quite good (but was posted missing for the goal), Kamara is quality and scored a really good goal.

Worries: The defence. Whilst they had a decent game, the defenders are still liable to error. Needs fixing.

Mate to be fair none of those teams are buckin Dunfermline/
Celtic_Anthony
Pretty sure we don't have control over the TV deal, the SPL do it as whole. Rangers and Celtic always disagree with the other 10 clubs, funnily enough.

Oh right, my bad. I just remember after Roy Keane signing, a few more matches were on Sky Sports instead of Setanta/polsat.
Jim-ie
Mate to be fair none of those teams are buckin Dunfermline/

Queen of the South and Dundee aren't far off though, I just mentioned the league teams they'd conceded too. Plus, they conceded 3 against Hamilton in one go.

Plus, one lapse (it really was only one lapse) from the defence is permissible in today's circumstances for me, whilst not being desirable of course. It came from a break down our left flank, where our boy Braafheid was playing his first game, and the goalscorer was meant to be marked by Caddis, who is a)still young and liable to inconsistency and b)realised his mistake and made a bloody good attempt to rectify it, he was just too late. Further, I'd bloody well hope we'd be able to outscore Dunfermline regardless of our sieve-like defensive moments.
Colonel Brusnahan
Oh right, my bad. I just remember after Roy Keane signing, a few more matches were on Sky Sports instead of Setanta/polsat.
The additional games were mibbes cup games. Clyde was a sky fixture, I remember that much. Or maybe Sky paid the SPL to increase the games included in the package.
Reply 2104
Celtic_Anthony
Queen of the South and Dundee aren't far off though, I just mentioned the league teams they'd conceded too. Plus, they conceded 3 against Hamilton in one go.

Plus, one lapse (it really was only one lapse) from the defence is permissible in today's circumstances for me, whilst not being desirable of course. It came from a break down our left flank, where our boy Braafheid was playing his first game, and the goalscorer was meant to be marked by Caddis, who is a)still young and liable to inconsistency and b)realised his mistake and made a bloody good attempt to rectify it, he was just too late. Further, I'd bloody well hope we'd be able to outscore Dunfermline regardless of our sieve-like defensive moments.

aye its to be expected, new defence who are still learning to work together, but tbh im sick of hearing that from supporting city :biggrin:

i hope mowbray really does the job. its not looking positive but the board wouldnt have spent like they did if they didnt have faith.

we've lost the league though. something i wont deny even to our resident huns
Yeah, a cause for concern with our defence is that they probably won't get much of a chance to learn to work together. Braafheid isn't permanent so, unless we make it so, next season's defence is still going to have to gel. This season, TM has still to decide on his best CB pairing and we have an inexperienced RB.

Still won't concede the league, but TM will need to decide his best XI and it will need to gel almost overnight for us to get anywhere near the title. Cup is a good aim, though. Requires less consistency and I'm sure we could beat Rangers over 90mins with this squad, considering they were only able to rob 2pts of us when we had a weaker one.
Reply 2106
Celtic_Anthony
Yeah, a cause for concern with our defence is that they probably won't get much of a chance to learn to work together. Braafheid isn't permanent so, unless we make it so, next season's defence is still going to have to gel. This season, TM has still to decide on his best CB pairing and we have an inexperienced RB.

Still won't concede the league, but TM will need to decide his best XI and it will need to gel almost overnight for us to get anywhere near the title. Cup is a good aim, though. Requires less consistency and I'm sure we could beat Rangers over 90mins with this squad, considering they were only able to rob 2pts of us when we had a weaker one.

We'll make Braafheid permanent if he's good enough tbh. The only player that probably wont be permanent is Keane.

I've big hopes for Hooiveld though, future celtic legend if he plays his cards right, he has the skill.
Reply 2107
Good going forward rubbish at the back: Mowbray's teams summed up and Celtic following suit.
Tony Mowbray pleased at Celtic's Scottish Cup victory

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/celtic/8503063.stm
Another must-win game tonight against the mini-huns...

I think we will win 3-1 and I have a feeling the huns will draw with Motherwell.

Hail Hail!
Reply 2110
Got to beat the scum wannabes tonight. Get our season back on track and start getting the victories stringing together.

Would start FortunΓ© and Rasmusan (no idea on spelling)
Fortune and Rasmussen would be the best two forwards to start, though I can see Keane starting for his welcome to Paradise.

Braafhied, Loovens, Thompson and Caddis will probably be the back four too (unless Hinkel is back).
I never know what he's going to do with the midfield.
Colonel Brusnahan
Fortune and Rasmussen would be the best two forwards to start, though I can see Keane starting for his welcome to Paradise.

It would be madness not to start Kamara IMO. Did everything right at Killie- scored, created, ran at players, the lot. Keane was also a noticeable improvement when he came on. Play 4-3-3 again, drop MAF and play Keane-Rasmussen-Kamara up front- we can't keep chopping and changing system and those 3 are the most dangerous players. MAF is good, but Kamara and Keane are both better than him.

I reckon TM's going to stick with the 4-3-3, if he changes his mind again it's seriously worrying- the team won't get consistency that way.

Braafhied, Loovens, Thompson and Caddis will probably be the back four too (unless Hinkel is back).
I never know what he's going to do with the midfield.

Yep, agree with that back 4. Braafheid hopefully will improve a bit now he's gotten rid of the cobwebs, although it was a good showing last time. Midfield will have Brown (c), N'Guemo and Crosas I reckon.
Good performance so far from the lads tonight. Rasmussen should have come on instead of Samaras though; Mowbray has to stop wasting us chance upon chance with the guy...
ParadigmShift
Good performance so far from the lads tonight. Rasmussen should have come on instead of Samaras though; Mowbray has to stop wasting us chance upon chance with the guy...

Rasmussen must be wondering what he has to do to justify a regular appearance. Hopefully Keane will grab a goal, he's had a few chances.
Keane seems to be quite sharp tonight and I agree about Rasmussen/Samaras. I'm sick of us giving the ball to Samaras, just for him to lose it.
Colonel Brusnahan
Keane seems to be quite sharp tonight and I agree about Rasmussen/Samaras. I'm sick of us giving the ball to Samaras, just for him to lose it.

Yeah, Samaras under-hits too many passes, and he always makes a pass a half-second too late. Dead frustrating as he has glimpses of good play.

Keane, from what the radio has said, has created about 4 chances for himself, and missed them all obv. Hopefully he'll find his shooting boots, but it's promising stuff.
Got to feel for the lad, from the little we've seen of him, he seems leagues away from Samaras. A late Keano goal would make my evening though. :woo:
FT 2-0, Loovens and MAF. Dominated the game and had many more chances.

1-1 with the Huns. 'Well 2-0 up, but goal chalked off for "offside". Initial reactions are that Ross Forbes, the scorer, was well on. Not like the refs to give those bastards a helping hand.

Lead down to 8pts if there's no change, should be 7.
Celtic_Anthony
Yeah, Samaras under-hits too many passes, and he always makes a pass a half-second too late. Dead frustrating as he has glimpses of good play.

Keane, from what the radio has said, has created about 4 chances for himself, and missed them all obv. Hopefully he'll find his shooting boots, but it's promising stuff.

Yeah, he shows a couple of good touches, but then does something idiotic like turning the wrong way straight into a defender. Can't see him lasting much longer, he's the last of the Strachan strikers left...

Mmm, Keane might need a bit more time to get the shooting down. As it usually happens with loans, if he plays really well, he'll go back to Tottenham and try to get a starting position.

Dark Side are losing 1-0 last time I checked. Comeback's on.

Quick Reply

Latest