The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

haha just read through the last 4 pages and i have to admit, i dont mind the attention this thread gets from non-celtic fans and general ****wits who are only here to insult glaswegians.

@Ritter :fyi: im also a celtic fan, and local too; but going by your posts, what you're (Ritter) trying to claim is that anyone who supports a non-local team is a gloryhunter? That logic is not just laughable, but also ridiculously flawed.

This is the icing on the cake; a scottish football fans 'reunion' after the huns got their asses handed to them by the arabs. Keep at it though, its brightened up my day. :rolleyes:
Reply 4861
Small club mentality at its best :danceboy:
Rangers have been sold. Halle-feckin-lujah!
Reply 4863
Original post by sbarrie2

Rangers have been sold. Halle-feckin-lujah!

Fire into the frying pan?

Anyway, don't know how much you'll want to trust skys breaking news.

STV
"STV understands Craig Whyte’s bid to acquire Murray International Holdings’ majority shareholding in Rangers Football Club is at a “very advanced stage”.

It is understood a couple of outstanding issues remain between the two camps but negotiations are continuing. No deadline has been set for a deal to be completed.

Talks were held late into Monday night over the deal, which would see Whyte take over an 85 per cent shareholding in the club.

Whyte has demonstrated he has the necessary funds in place to conclude the deal, a source close to negotiations has confirmed to STV. His offer would see him buy the club at an asking price of £25 to £28 million.

If and when a deal is reached, a statement to the Stock Exchange is required. If the deal is concluded, Whyte will inherit 99,801,034 shares in Rangers, giving him an 85 per cent shareholding.

Whyte reached agreement with the Lloyds Banking Group last Wednesday over the repayment of the club’s £21 million bank debt. It is understood £17 million will be paid up front to Lloyds, with a £4 million loan on Ibrox’s Albion car park refinanced and paid back in instalments."

We won't find out for sure for a while I imagine.

F all on the stock exchange as well.
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 4864
Seems to be off again? :hmmmm:

Rangers Transfers in the last 4 years. Whyte's 25 million over 5 years is worse than Lloyds supply them with :lol:

KDS
Kevin Thomson - From Hibernian, £2 million
Steven Whittaker - From Hibernian, £2 million
Carlos Cuellar - From Osasuna, £2.4 million
Lee McCulloch - From Wigan Athletic, £2.25 million
Steven Naismith - From Killmarnock, £1.9 million
Damarcus Beasley - From PSV, £700,000
Daniel Cousin - From Lens, £750,000
Steven Davis - From Fulham, £3 million
Madjid Bougherra - From Charlton, £2.7 million
Pedro Mendes - from Portsmouth, £3 million
Kyle Lafferty - From Burnley, £3.5 million
Kenny Miller - From Derby County, £1.9 million
Andrius Velicka - From Viking, £1 million
Maurice Edu - From F.C Toronto, £2.5 million
Nikica Jelavic £4 million
James Beattie - £1.5 million

£35.1 million alone in transfers.

In 4 years they have spent £35.1 million which is WAAAAAAAAAAY more than anyone else in the league including us....... so now they are going from £35 million in 4 years to £25 million in 5 years!??? £10 million less to spend in 1 more year!
Im heading to kerrydale street for the news!
Reply 4866
Original post by Left Hand Drive

Im heading to kerrydale street for the news!

It's on hold. Again. Just a few things need to be ironed out. :toofunny:

I was hoping to find the FB updates screaming "YASSS" sadly the news took a u-turn so quickly that no-one was even able to update :sad:
Original post by R-KAM
It's on hold. Again. Just a few things need to be ironed out. :toofunny:

I was hoping to find the FB updates screaming "YASSS" sadly the news took a u-turn so quickly that no-one was even able to update :sad:

:lol :lol: :lol: :toofunny:

They really are stupid skint hun!
Original post by Ritter
Gloryhunters club. Just like Rangers, Man U and Liverpool. It must be **** to support a team like Celtic, when you have no connections with the local area, and simply support a club based on constant success, in a **** league, in a **** footballing country. I take much more pride and joy in supporting my local club, Airdrie United.

FTR, my team may be ****ing **** (they're still MY team), but look at the OF...getting in horsed in Europe off absolute diddies. Utrecht :biggrin:

Bigoted scum. Proud to support my local team. No doubt this will get some pathetic reply from a fickle gloryhunter.

Ritter - Proud supporter of Airdrie United Football Club. Diamond forever <>

AMEN. ps, you ***** just burst my coupon.
Original post by The_resurrection
AMEN

Christian bigot.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
Christian bigot.

Shut up young Anthony.

Anyway just read the last few pages of this thread, surprise surprise a ****ing sheep showing pro Celtic tendencies. Idiot.
Reply 4871

Cracking win for the Diamonds tonight.

AIR-DA-RAY! Oh, the joys of YOUR local team winning a match. Play-offs for the pride of Lanarkshire now.
Original post by Ritter

AIR-DA-RAY! Oh, the joys of YOUR local team winning a match. Play-offs for the pride of Lanarkshire now.

My reputation on this thread leaves a lot to be desired.. but you sir, are overwhelmingly insignificant. You're like the 4 year old brother tugging on my shirt tale whinging for attention.

I am the only WUM in these parts! :fatcontroller:
Original post by Ritter

You realise this isn't a scottish football thread, or a scottish lower division football thread, or a ****ey team reunion right? This is a Celtic thread.

Again I support my local team as well, which is Celtic. What's your point?
Reply 4874
They should really be making a "****e of Scottish Football Thread" or a thread for their own team that they can talk to themselves in.

A thread for all forms of the Huns to talk would cut down on so many threads, it'd cover Gers, Airdrie et al.
(edited 13 years ago)
My reputation on this thread leaves a lot to be desired..

Oh ya big tart
Reply 4876
So, it's be bucketing down for 2 days. Chances of the game at Parkhead being called off? Probably around the nil pois mark. Pitch will no doubt still be a perfect surface for slick passing football :coma:

It must be said though, 'Young Anthony' (:lol:), this part is probably his best ever post in this thread.

but you sir, are overwhelmingly insignificant.
Original post by R-KAM
They should really be making a "****e of Scottish Football Thread" or a thread for their own team that they can talk to themselves in.

A thread for all forms of the Huns to talk would cut down on so many threads, it'd cover Gers, Airdrie et al.

You mean a thread for the darkest most sinister people to walk Scotland! For for the most hunniest of huns! Sounds horrible.
Reply 4878

You mean a thread for the darkest most sinister people to walk Scotland! For for the most hunniest of huns! Sounds horrible.

At least they'd all be locked away in the one location though... None running around AWOL.
Original post by R-KAM
At least they'd all be locked away in the one location though... None running around AWOL.

The gorillia going in too?

Quick Reply

Latest