The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

The league means nothing to us this year. It's taken us going into admin, causing players to be unsettled, for Celtic to claim the league. Well done.

@LeftHandDrive, even if we do lose the tax case, we'll only be paying back so many pennies to every pound we ow.
Original post by GlasgowRangers
The league means nothing to us this year. It's taken us going into admin, causing players to be unsettled, for Celtic to claim the league. Well done.

@LeftHandDrive, even if we do lose the tax case, we'll only be paying back so many pennies to every pound we ow.

Right, because Celtic NEVER win otherwise.

What happens when you ow pounds? Do you hurt them?

Errm chap, celtic were ahead of you before you went into admin.
Reply 6583

I know he's a club legend but surely one questions Ally McCoist's ability after four cup exits and recent form. Would Rangers even be in admin if they had defeated euro minnows to get cl.
Reply 6584
Original post by Alofleicester
Errm chap, celtic were ahead of you before you went into admin.

By four points... first time after 3 years that Celtic win the title and it's only because Rangers are broke LOL.

Where we not already 4 points clear before admin?

Where did you hear that follow follow?

oh and girfuy :lol:
Original post by Jordan_1
By four points... first time after 3 years that Celtic win the title and it's only because Rangers are broke LOL.

Without the 10 point deduction it would be 11 now...
Reply 6587
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Without the 10 point deduction it would be 11 now...

Doesn't mean you would have been 11 points ahead without the deduction... Rangers obviously had no hope of winning the title any more. If they did it would be different...

And Celtic would probably have bottled it as usual.
Doesn't mean you would have been 11 points ahead without the deduction... Rangers obviously had no hope of winning the title any more. If they did it would be different...

Rangers had already bottled a 15 point lead :lol: from celtic went from 15 behind to 4 in front.

Does it hurt that your club is closing?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6589
Original post by Left Hand Drive
Rangers had already bottled a 15 point lead :lol: from celtic went from 15 behind to 4 in front.

Does it hurt that your club is closing?

4 points in front? Oh no, we had no chance what so ever of beating that!

Does it hurt that the only way Celtic could be successful is if their only competition are skint? But after winning **** all the past 3 years I guess you're entitled to be excited...

Does it hurt that the only way Celtic could be successful is if their only competition are skint? But after winning **** all the past 3 years I guess you're entitled to be excited...

Well, I'd argue if over the course of a couple of months you could go from 17 ahead to 4 behind, then, if we ignore the 10 point deduction, lose another 7 points over a could of weeks, then no you probably couldn't beat that.

You seem desperate to claim that you'd have won the title were it not for admin, which is just so completely untrue.
Reply 6591
Well, I'd argue if over the course of a couple of months you could go from 17 ahead to 4 behind, then, if we ignore the 10 point deduction, lose another 7 points over a could of weeks, then no you probably couldn't beat that.

You seem desperate to claim that you'd have won the title were it not for admin, which is just so completely untrue.

Sorry are you illiterate? When did I 'claim that we'd have won the title?' I said we would have had a chance...

Like I said, it would have been different as Rangers obviously had no drive after the deduction leading to them losing further points. That and the fact Celtic like to bottle it when the pressure is on.
Reply 6592

Reply 6593
Original post by Organ

Ahh no reply, glad to see you agree with me.
Reply 6594
Ahh no reply, glad to see you agree with me.

Sorry are you illiterate? When did I 'claim that we'd have won the title?' I said we would have had a chance...

Like I said, it would have been different as Rangers obviously had no drive after the deduction leading to them losing further points. That and the fact Celtic like to bottle it when the pressure is on.

Right, so this line below could be in no way inferred as a "if we weren't admin we'd be winning the title race" could it?

Not could be different, would be different, which would suggest you are 100% certain the admin is the only reason Celtic'd have even the slightest lead.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6596
Right, so this line below could be in no way inferred as a "if we weren't admin we'd be winning the title race" could it?

Not could be different, would be different, which would suggest you are 100% certain the admin is the only reason Celtic'd have even the slightest lead.

Yes it WOULD have been different because Rangers wouldn't have gave up trying and therefore would have had a CHANCE. At no point what so ever did I say Rangers would win the league, get that through your skull.
Yes it WOULD have been different because Rangers wouldn't have gave up trying and therefore would have had a CHANCE. At no point what so ever did I say Rangers would win the league, get that through your skull.

By saying it WOULD be different, you are implying that had Rangers not "given up", they definitely wouldn't have got the results they have that has seen them drop the extra 7 points to Celtic since admin and well, that's just completely untrue, they could easily have still messed up and lost those points regardless.

Please, please, please leave all discussion of the administration/liquidation process to people who actually know what they're talking about. In this instance, you should probably brush up on CVAs- what they are, how one can be achieved and HMRC's view of them. Thanks.

Now, you see, the irony of all this that Rangers fans seem unable to comprehend is that you lot are going bankrupt BECAUSE you needed to spend way beyond your means to actually keep up with Celtic. You were the inferior half of the Old Firm, and irresponsibly tried to make up for that by overspending. Well, it's coming back to bite you in the ass.

Quick Reply

Latest