Just in from work feet up and SSN on!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    And so the fun beings.
    Gid yin.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wylde left without a redundancy package, and stated that he was leaving money for those who had families to support and had a greater need, i.e. kitchen staff at Ibrox. Say what you will about Rangers, and I do hate the bastards, but I can't help but wish Wylde luck and say "good show".
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Wylde left without a redundancy package, and stated that he was leaving money for those who had families to support and had a greater need, i.e. kitchen staff at Ibrox. Say what you will about Rangers, and I do hate the bastards, but I can't help but wish Wylde luck and say "good show".
    If he's being sincere, aye.

However, that is exactly the way I would spin it if I wanted a quick exit before the walls cave in, but was concerned about my image and the goodwill directed towards me. Redundancy package matters little to him, and even less in the grand scheme of things.

He's just been smart, or well advised. Either way, I admire him for that. Smart kid.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    ****ing hell, I just found out that the Poppy Campaign has been added to Rangers list of creditors owed... They didn't give a single penny from their "Poppy Appeal" to the campaign. What absolute scumbags.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Celtic_Anthony)
    If he's being sincere, aye.

However, that is exactly the way I would spin it if I wanted a quick exit before the walls cave in, but was concerned about my image and the goodwill directed towards me. Redundancy package matters little to him, and even less in the grand scheme of things.

He's just been smart, or well advised. Either way, I admire him for that. Smart kid.
    Aye, but football is so swamped with ****heads and greedy post-chavs that it's heartening to see someone who isn't actually overwhelmed by a desire for money. Particularly stinging to me now that Gavin Rae has further pointed out how important Arnason is to our club, and the bastard wants more money than we can afford to pay him...
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrigidSymphony)
    Aye, but football is so swamped with ****heads and greedy post-chavs that it's heartening to see someone who isn't actually overwhelmed by a desire for money. Particularly stinging to me now that Gavin Rae has further pointed out how important Arnason is to our club, and the bastard wants more money than we can afford to pay him...
    As I said, his motives are probably equally as commercially-driven as everyone else's. He's just been advised that this approach is better for him in the long-term (generates goodwill, gets him press attention- and good press, at that- and frees him from a contract at a club where he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip to sign for another club straightaway).

I admire his smarts.

Re Arnason, I do believe every player is entitled to demand a fair value for their services. It's the free market, after all. 'Playing for the jersey' expectations only apply to boyhood fans, badge-kissers and players who owe the club one (club resurrected career, etc. see Larsson). The real evil is the inflation of wages post-Sky deal that has created such a massive wealth gap in football.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Gid yin.
    Bah. :lol:

Bloody pedant so you are
    • 20 followers

ReputationRep:
    Wylde seemed like a decent prospect, went out in a good fashion.

Good luck to him, I guess. I wonder who they'll lose next Money's on Bocanegra.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Bah. :lol:

Bloody pedant so you are
    Guilty as charged m'lud.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Guilty as charged m'lud.
    You are sentenced to 48 hours of ignoring spelling and grammatical errors
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    You are sentenced to 48 hours of ignoring spelling and grammatical errors
    Impossible. Request leave to appeal, m'lud.
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    Need to take that back about the Poppy Campaign, they clarified that the rumours were unfounded and that they have in fact received money from Rangers.

Anyway, I was thinking, the SPL rewards for 1st and 2nd place are probably peanuts to Celtic and Rangers (at least prior to administration), but would be of enormous help to the other clubs. Yet another argument in favour of Rangers going.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Impossible. Request leave to appeal, m'lud.
    If the appeal fails, the ban will be extended to 72 hours. Are you sure you wish to go through with this?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You can't win :ninja2:
    • 2 followers

ReputationRep:
    As I said, his motives are probably equally as commercially-driven as everyone else's. He's just been advised that this approach is better for him in the long-term (generates goodwill, gets him press attention- and good press, at that- and frees him from a contract at a club where he wasn't getting a fair crack of the whip to sign for another club straightaway).

I admire his smarts.

Re Arnason, I do believe every player is entitled to demand a fair value for their services. It's the free market, after all. 'Playing for the jersey' expectations only apply to boyhood fans, badge-kissers and players who owe the club one (club resurrected career, etc. see Larsson). The real evil is the inflation of wages post-Sky deal that has created such a massive wealth gap in football.
    If he stayed with Aberdeen for a few more seasons, he could prove to be a vital asset in bringing us up to the top 6, maybe even 3rd or 4th. He's obviously a very talented player, and he's at a club that has nowhere to go but up, which he could play a great part in. How could probably get a much better deal after a few seasons of doing good work with us then leaving now after just the one season. He's also probably going to win the AFC player of the year and goal of the year awards.
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    If the appeal fails, the ban will be extended to 72 hours. Are you sure you wish to go through with this?

Spoiler:
    Show
    You can't win :ninja2:
    I'm gonna flout yer flucking ban. Surrender, No.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    I'm gonna flout yer flucking ban. Surrender, No.
    Sounds like you are walking away though!
    • 6 followers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Sounds like you are walking away though!
    Aye, but it's awright I'm doing it for the kitchen staff.
    • 26 followers

ReputationRep:
    Aye, but it's awright I'm doing it for the kitchen staff.
    Unsurpassed dignity. You've earned those brown brogues, sir :adore:

Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?

this is what you'll be called on TSR

2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?

never shared and never spammed

3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. By completing the slider below you agree to The Student Room's terms & conditions and site rules

2. Slide the button to the right to create your account

Slide to join now Processing…

You don't slide that way? No problem.

Updated: December 11, 2013
Article updates
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered football threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Reputation gems:
You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.