The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6720
Original post by Foghorn Leghorn
I don't think celtic could thrive in europe, but celtic get paid to play in europe, that was my point.

Well that won't last very long when the co-efficient drops.
Poor refereeing...

The second goal is clearly offside.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 6722
Celtic are like the Real Madrid of the Spl. They may win the league but their rivals are still the better team.

Oh and they blame losses on red cards...
sorry people but celtic are chokers... 2 weeks in a row
Original post by pinouche13
Poor refereeing...

The second goal is clearly offside.

not to mention a couple of ridiculous red cards
Original post by scotttb

Both red cards were merited.

Wanyama, in particular, sold the jerseys.
Reply 6726
Original post by scotttb

They were both clear red cards. Do you actually know anything about football?
Brilliant!
That was an incredibly entertaining game from a neutral perspective.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
Both red cards were merited.

Wanyama, in particular, sold the jerseys.

Fair enough the second one is apparently a red card these days but really the first one? He wasn't even the last man and there was barely any contact at all, it was absolutely ridiculous decision.
Original post by scotttb
Fair enough the second one is apparently a red card these days but really the first one? He wasn't even the last man and there was barely any contact at all, it was absolutely ridiculous decision.

He denied a clear goalscoring opportunity. Wallace is left-footed and would have struck that hours before Mulgrew got across.

If Rangers had got away with it (and they would have today) I would have been (more) raging.
Original post by Stu Laverty
That was an incredibly entertaining game from a neutral perspective.

I'm ****ing embarrassed that neutrals watched that game; we were atrocious.
Original post by jhuntley93
sorry people but celtic are chokers... 2 weeks in a row

A season is only made up of two weeks, right?

Jog on.

Wanyama took any chance Celtic had with him down that tunnel.
Original post by Celtic_Anthony
I'm ****ing embarrassed that neutrals watched that game; we were atrocious.

That was a good game to watch for sure. I can't agree with you on the red card. I don't think ther is even fault on the first one, you always see defenders and strikers playing with the hands, the contact wasn't even clear. The second one.. it's impressing when you see the live but then you see it's not that dangerous (I can understand the red in order to prevent this kind of tackles, though). There are a lot of stuff which happen to be more dangerous and not counted as red.

I was impressed by your keeper and Samaras was great also.
(edited 12 years ago)
Usually when players get sent off, I get a sinking feeling in my stomach. Total dread. Happened with Wanyama.

Didn't happen with Cha, who shouldn't be anywhere near a Celtic jersey and had nothing to contribute anyway.
Original post by pinouche13
That was a good game to watch for sure. I can't agree with you on the red card. I don't think ther is even fault on the first one, you always see defenders and strikers playing with the hands, the contact wasn't even clear. The second one.. it's impressing when you see the live but then you see it's not that dangerous (I can understand the red in order to prevent this kind of tackles, though). There are a lot of stuff which happen to be more dangerous an not counted as red. You're keeper was great!

Yeah, I'd give pass marks to Forster (the 'keeper), who I really like anyway! The team as a whole didn't show up, though. This was a Rangers side who had contrived to lose to mid-table SPL teams for the past couple of months.

First one I still reckon is a sending-off every day of the week; minimal contact but enough to send him to the ground, and it's naive to use your hands in that situation. At least he was wise enough to do it early, before he'd reached the box. Second-one is uncontrolled aggression, whether or not he caught the player.
Wanyama and Mulgrew had their worst games of the season. All red cards merited, we were shocking. Nice to get two goals at the end, but just glossing over the cracks.

Whatever. Doesn't matter where we win it in all honesty, but would have been nice to get it as early as possible. Ergh.
Right, my thoughts on this. Both red cards were deserved, clear DOGSO and two feet tackle. Rangers fought tooth and nail for their last bit of dignity, and fair enough, they deserved the win. I think Celtic may have felt the pressure a bit too much. From an Aberdeen POV, it's heartening though- if Celtic fold under the pressure again in the cup final, as they did with Killie and today, Aberdeen are walking with the cup, IF Arnason, Fallon and Rae can be ****ed to actually run a bit. Given that Rangers' administration woes won't allow them to access Europe, that would leave Celtic and Aberdeen taking on Europe next season, and what a glorious sight that would be.
Reply 6738
Really embarrassed after that performance, we bottled it big time again. Shocking that Lennon was sent to the stand and his safety couldn't be guaranteed. If that happened in England there would be absolute uproar.
Disappointed lads. But let them have their day. The rest of the season is ours.

Quick Reply

Latest