The Student Room Group

Celtic F.C

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1900
I can't think of anyone else that should of been it on the pitch at that point.

Maybe McGeady. That's it :smile:
R-KAM

No need to burden McGeady with the captaincy, there's already enough pressure on the lad. O'Dea was an ideal choice on the day- fiery personality, never-say-die attitude etc. Boruc would maybe make for a good captain, but I don't know how suited 'keepers are in general to the arm band.
R-KAM

Boruc.
O'Dea was up for captain after Lennon left :smile:
Colonel Brusnahan
O'Dea was up for captain after Lennon left :smile:

Horrible mistake if he had gotten it then, would still be a mistake now. The captain should be an undroppable, first name on the team sheet player as well as possessing all the leadership qualities necessary to be a captain. Mick had the latter, but unfortunately not the former, although he has, by all accounts, been a great captain of Celtic FC.
He has been a very capable captain, yeah. I wouldn't say the best, but I never had a problem with him.
Colonel Brusnahan
He has been a very capable captain, yeah. I wouldn't say the best, but I never had a problem with him.
The stuff he's done off the field for the club has been top notch, like visits to Yorkhill Children's Hospital for instance. A real ambassador for the club, as well as someone who wears his heart on his sleeve on the pitch. It's just a pity he didn't have a wee bit more ability, or even someone better to partner him, so he could merit a place in the team every week.
Celtic_Anthony
The stuff he's done off the field for the club has been top notch, like visits to Yorkhill Children's Hospital for instance. A real ambassador for the club, as well as someone who wears his heart on his sleeve on the pitch. It's just a pity he didn't have a wee bit more ability, or even someone better to partner him, so he could merit a place in the team every week.

Yeah, you can really tell he loves the club. Never had a problem with that. He had one or two top notch seasons as well. I'll probably miss him when he's gone.
Reply 1908
McManus always seems to play well for Scotland. I wish him all the best if he leaves.
Reply 1909
I think I'm going to apply for the captaincy :ahee:

:getmecoat:
I still dream of being Celtic captain :puppyeyes:
Reply 1911
I dream of playing for Rangers.

Then scoring an own goal at celtic park, whipping the shirt off to reveal the hoops underneth and jump into the stands
Reply 1912
:awesome:
Jim-ie

Then scoring an own goal at celtic park, whipping the shirt off to reveal the hoops underneth and jump into the stands

This.
If you deliberately score an og it's either a corner kick or a goal kick lads, canny mind. Not pishing on your chips, just be stealthy with it eh?
Jim-ie

Truly epic.
Reply 1916
Celtic_Anthony
If you deliberately score an og it's either a corner kick or a goal kick lads, canny mind. Not pishing on your chips, just be stealthy with it eh?

you are pishing on my chips anto:mad:
Reply 1917
I always said my ideal celebration would be making it worth getting a yellow card for leaving the field by trying to jump into the Celtic supporters end after scoring. It might not end well but I'm sure it'd be broken up by stewards before any serious damage was done and it'd be so worth it. I hate seeing players booked for celebrating with their own fans, jumping into the opposition would be hilarious.
Reply 1918
Gardocki
I always said my ideal celebration would be making it worth getting a yellow card for leaving the field by trying to jump into the Celtic supporters end after scoring. It might not end well but I'm sure it'd be broken up by stewards before any serious damage was done and it'd be so worth it. I hate seeing players booked for celebrating with their own fans, jumping into the opposition would be hilarious.

Damage would certainly depend how far you jumped in :p:
Celtic fans wouldn't touch him nowadays. If it was done in front of the Jungle he would have been dragged in by the scruff of the neck and never seen again (apparently)...

Quick Reply

Latest