The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
i did 2 and 3, i didn't focus as much as you, but i brought in more synoptic links. The questions were alright, i did 2 straight away, but i had a bit of trouble trying to decide which other question to do.
I did 2 and 3

2 - Life after death: first said that Christians and eastern religions may act morally so that they get a good LAD. Then said atheists behave morally yet don't believe in LAD so why do they behave morally? - so talked about Util, Kant, Weber, etc.

3 - Problem of evil: talked about the meaning of 'good', followed the question to the conclusion that a good god would determine people, why would he want to do that, freedom greatest gift, Irenean theodicy. Then talked about Augustinian tradition: you can't 'choose' evil as it doesn't exist, Farrer and how god loves creating and hence necessarily must create free people if he is to fulfil the role of creator.

Overall, good exam.
Reply 82
I did 2 and 3 too, sounds like a lot of people did!!

For 2 i wrote about christian ideas and brought in calvanists. then did kant and then non christian ideas like hick and plato. and i brought in utlitarianism and virtue ethics too somehow... hehe

For 3 i about what a 'good' God is (omni's) and i talked about augistine and irenaeus, hick, then brought in stuff about the onmiscience of god cos i ran out of stuff to do!! so hopefully it was ok...

SOOO glad sociology and psychology didn't come up though!!
Reply 83
I did 2 and 3 :smile:!
Reply 84
Yes i did 2 and 3 too lol! I thought the questions were the best they could be but i thought the 3rd statement was slightly weird cause there was like so many stances that u could argue from.
Erm im like braindead and really excited that all exams are over for me :biggrin: so i cant actually remember fully what i did lol...hmmm.
I chose 1 & 2. For 1, I began with an extensive treatment of Freud, before moving on the justify the concept of God-given/-influenced conscience through reference to St. Jerome's distinction between synderesis & conscientia. For 2, I began by defending secular morality against the implied charge of pointlessness/nihilism, then went on to consider the complexities of the Christian afterlife, arguing that the statement in the question was simplistic & reductive.
That was a great exam. Everything that I hope came up came up :smile:. I did 1 & 2 and I better get a high A on this paper or else...... :ninja: :rolleyes:
I've just realised now how bad I think I've actually done.
It seemed to be going well at the time, all day infact I've been telling people it was a good exam, but as soon as I come on here I suddenly realise the complete lack of theorym mentioning.
Yeah I chucked a couple of names in here and there, but at no point do I actually remember saying 'Natural Law, Virtue Ethics blah blah blah...', which is kind of worrying.
Eeekk.
Well it's not like I'm going in results day anyway, at least nobody can give me the disappointed speech again...
sophie_writes_love
I've just realised now how bad I think I've actually done.
It seemed to be going well at the time, all day infact I've been telling people it was a good exam, but as soon as I come on here I suddenly realise the complete lack of theorym mentioning.
Yeah I chucked a couple of names in here and there, but at no point do I actually remember saying 'Natural Law, Virtue Ethics blah blah blah...', which is kind of worrying.
Eeekk.
Well it's not like I'm going in results day anyway, at least nobody can give me the disappointed speech again...

You can put in those ethical theories but do not need too. As long as you have mentioned relevant scholars you should be fine.
Chrisateen
You can put in those ethical theories but do not need too. As long as you have mentioned relevant scholars you should be fine.

Oh right ok coz I was whacking in names left, right and centre so hopefully some of them were right.
That's quite a relief.

Latest

Trending

Trending