The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
How did your teacher miss the fact that the play had been taken out of the syllabus :O
Reply 41
Er I hope your teacher has informed the exam board??
Reply 42
Yeah he has - that's how we know they'll put the same mark for the book we did do for the other one.

And apparantly there was another college that made the same mistake!! Coinsedence? (sp!) or is the exam board to blame?
Reply 43
Maybe you will just fail.
Aww that sucks :frown:

I remember last year my drama teacher saying The Government Inspector wasn't going to be on the paper this year, she wasn't happy because she loved that play.

Hope it works out ok
montyr
For my English lit. A2 we had 2 exams

One was war poetry where you use background knowledge (other texts etc) as well as random texts given in the exam to answer 2 questions.

The other was Shakespeare and poetry. We spent the year studying a text. Then in the exam we had to answer 1 of a choice of 2 questions on that text. And then the same for poetry (songs of innocence and experience by william blake). You aren't allowed to take the texts into the exam.

So I guess more would be expected in your answer in our exams since you know what text it is?

Sorry I didn't quite get that there. We don't know that a question will appear in the exam that will suit the texts that we studied/prepared for that's why we cover a range of texts.

We also don't get to text our text or notes into the exam.
Reply 46
Well when revising you tend to read wider into the subject and buy revision aids etc where you pick up on these things. Then again, that could just be me, I can usually predict whist comes up on History papers by noticing patterns and where sources and questions are being lifted from. I know some teachers that teach the wrong thing all the time, I just use my own judgment to do otherwise.
I thought that, if this happened, a teacher can ring the exam board and they'll come up with an emergency question to do instead?

Either way, very bad from your teacher.

Latest