The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
no more superstars now...we have quality young players and they need to be given a chance too.

great signing though in Robinho, I think he will feel at home at City perhaps even more so than he would have doen at Chelsea anyway, I mean he has three of his fellow countrymen here...
Reply 201
Eklipz89
im surprised Ireland's still there...
i was sure Sunderland would have re-ignited their interest once City bought SWP.
City dont have a bad Bench now..and i forgot to add earlier..Johson..another CM..

theyre building a good squad, but it depends how fast they can all gel together.

i think ireland would make a good bench substitute, hes not technically brilliant, but works hard though...very young too...

with Robinho in, i think we shold clear out some strikers. Robinho, Jo, Sturrige, Ched...All relatively inexperienced... keep benjani, rest goes!... that includes vassel:biggrin:

the backline looks great, if not sligtly 'overcrowded', sell Ball...:yep:
"0030: Just a quick reminder that Robinho's first game in a Manchester City shirt (sorry, but that sounds wrong) will be against Chelsea at Eastlands on Saturday, 13 September at 1730 BST. Now that should be lively."
Shady05
Do you think Ireland doesnt deserve place at city?

i think every player deserves a place in the team, but in todays age, its all about Quality and to an extent Names.
Who would fans prefer to see on the right wing? Swp or Ireland..im no Man City supporter (Man Utd for me :biggrin:) but i think SWP would be higher in the pecking order.

I mean, the way I look at it now, when ever you make a big name signing, some one is bound to get dropped
for example, their defence consists of now

Richards, Dunne, Zabaletta, Kompany (he is a CB), Ball, the other LB, i forgot his name.

Now if Hughes brought Kompany to play as a CB..it means, either Richards/Zabaletta will be either RB or CB, meaning you either drop Kompany or Dunne..now Dunne is the captain, so who would you drop?

Id prefer to play Kompany as a CB..strong, tall and can tackle great. CM isnt his best domain

now..sorry city fans, but any one heard any thing about Berba?
Reply 204
Berba according to the BBC has gone to Man U for £30.75m, and striker Frazier Campbell off to Tot on loan...

robinho or berba?... i would take robinho anyday...
Reply 205
^^ Biased maybe? :smile:
Reply 206

Hart
Ball Micah Dunne Onuoha
Hamann
SWP Elano Petrov
Jo Robinho

That's a very nice starting XI (aside from a couple of defenders :wink: )
Jiajun
Berba according to the BBC has gone to Man U for £30.75m, and striker Frazier Campbell off to Tot on loan...

robinho or berba?... i would take robinho anyday...

Tough one there, Man Utd already have Ronaldo, Tevez, Rooney and Nani so I don't think they need Robinho, they need a proper marksmen.

Man City lacked a striker that can get more than 15 a season last season, but now with SWP and Robinho, should be good fun!
Any idea how much Man City was sold for?
_MaLc_

Hart
Ball Micah Dunne Onuoha
Hamann
SWP Elano Petrov
Jo Robinho

LOL, they aren't going to play that midfield, it'll get flattened.
Reply 210
Withoutadoubt

Hamann never gets flattened.
Reply 211
_MaLc_

Hart
Ball Micah Dunne Onuoha
Hamann
SWP Elano Petrov
Jo Robinho

too squeezy in the middle...
this is mine top 6 chop busting starting XI:

Hart
Zableta Dunne Kompany Richards
SWP Elano Johnson Petrov
Robinho
Jo

Not Sure about Jo, doesnt look too sharp in the last couple games...

P.S House = God:yep:
:eek4:

Anyway, who did Arsenal sign? Go on, tell me! I can't seem to find the details anywhere! :wink: :s-smilie: :rolleyes: :frown: :biggrin: :confused:
Reply 213
Jiajun

Hart
SWP Elano Johnson Petrov
Robinho
Jo

tbh, i had no idea about your fullbacks, i chose off wiki :biggrin:

Leaving out Hamann is a sin and I completely forgot about Johnson :eek:

Still, I like your mid/forwards. very nice indeed.

edit: house is just after gerrard on the awesome scale :wink:
Reply 214
EskimoJo

Anyway, who did Arsenal sign? Go on, tell me! I can't seem to find the details anywhere! :wink: :s-smilie: :rolleyes: :frown: :biggrin: :confused:

We've signed Randall and Gibbs...

:dry:
Reply 215
EskimoJo

no-one high profile enough to mention:no:
but still, do not question Wenger, the man is a genius:yep:
Reply 216
i think Robinho will last one season before he decides he wants to move to a bigger club.
Reply 217
Mr Noname
i think Robinho will last one season before he decides he wants to move to a bigger club.

by that time, we will be playing Champion league and all that jazz, and undoubtedly with outrageous wages (wouldnt surprised if it was 200,000/week), the lads going nowhere!:yep:

i know its too early yet, id fancy a new mega stadium too after a few years with the Guy's money... manchester isnt like london if you know what i mean:P
Jiajun

Hart
SWP Elano Johnson Petrov
Robinho
Jo

spot on ^..although I question Johnsons ability to tackle and hence play as a DM..i could rather they play Zableta at LB than Richards...then again, neither would do too well..although Ben Haim could play there :p: (horribly may be)

Jiajun
no-one high profile enough to mention:no:
but still, do not question Wenger, the man is a genius:yep:

Nasri?

I dont think many people knew about him here, but back in france, he carried the "New Zidane" tag all over...hes shown glimpses of his quality. No wonder Real were so quick to try and get in and buy him 2 seasons ago, luckily for arsenal it never worked out.

As for Utd..i dont mind Berba, but 30 mill for a 28 year old (he will turn 28 soon). This means i cant criticise Pools decision to buy Keane.

I would have preferred the 20 mill be spent on some one like Huntelaar (i think he could crack it at Utd) and 10 on cover for defence (may be).

or 30 on Benzema..woot :woo:
Withoutadoubt
It's got Hamann in it.

Latest