The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Anymore info on Ronnie & Jo?
Reply 61
TomStudent
haha City are on the up for sure.

Imagine Ronaldinho , Elano , Geovani and Jo playing together.

Whats the record for having the most brazilian players on the pitch?
excusing the brazil national time obviously.

City are sure to break the record hahaha

And a MASSIVE record at that. Bigger than the floodlights record maybe? Time will tell.
TomStudent
city will challenge top 4. just like everton did this season.

city had 4th place until the jan/feb slump , then everton had it, l'pool only clinched it at last minute.

City will succeed in playing champions league football. everybody knows it.

Comfirmed BTW, Jo will sign next week.

You really think your going to finish ahead of one of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United? Not a chance.

And we didn't clinch it at the last minute. We finished 8 points clear.
Reply 63
DontBuyTheSun
You really think your going to finish ahead of one of Liverpool, Arsenal, Chelsea and United? Not a chance.

And we didn't clinch it at the last minute. We finished 8 points clear.
Liverpool only sealed it in the final couple of months, and mainly thanks to Everton's poor form at the end of the season; despite finishing 11 points clear of Everton (it was 8 the season before :p:), it wasn't as if they had 4th spot in the bag for months.

And in the past 5 seasons alone, Liverpool have been out of the top 4 once, they've also been just 4 points away once, and Arsenal have been just 2 points away once. Yes, it's common for the "big four" to occupy those four places, but they're not exactly safe, and any semi-decent team that invests wisely could break into the CL spots like Everton did a few years ago. To count Man City out of that after their impressive start to last season would be foolhardy :smile:
to be honest the minute those teams start taking thier top 5 place for granted is the minute they start stacking up their own funeral pyre...nothing is for certain in english football...lets not forget oldham athletic used to be mid-table premier league contenders at one point...
Reply 65
While the fans may take top4 positions for granted, i doubt the owners/managers/players will ever do.. cos they know that heads will roll.
Reply 66
undercover agent
to be honest the minute those teams start taking thier top 5 place for granted is the minute they start stacking up their own funeral pyre...nothing is for certain in english football...lets not forget oldham athletic used to be mid-table premier league contenders at one point...

Mmm, and Leeds' downfall all started out because they expected to qualify for the Champions League in the 2001/02 season (which they failed to do, despite topping the league for much of the first half of the season)...and what a fall from grace they've had in just half a decade or so.
I don't see City doing much more than they have this season, a few (alleged) signings aren't going to make them a top 4 club. They'll never be top 4.
Reply 68
We're Now an official Society! ! !

So join yourself up, and enjoy the banter!

Latest News: Ronaldinho Deal now Probable rather than possible.

Latest News: AC Milan trying to hijack City's Jo Deal (£18.5 Million)
Reply 69
Cool. Interesting. Soon we'll have a lot more for every league club.
Reply 70
yes, its great to have a forum where there are fans from other clubs too.
Reply 71
haha i love the banter.

Any scum go to either of the derbys this season?

city won 1-0 and 2-1 (just incase you forgot)

That munich match was one ill never forget. the respect shown by everyone was something to be proud of.
one of the best matches of all time.
new kit:

Reply 73
Does anyne know what the away kit looks like?

TomStudent - there's an end of season DVD and there are meant to be loads of highlights on the derby games.
Reply 74
yeh, my dads got that dvd !

where did you get that kit :s-smilie:
Reply 75
JOE HART AND RICHARD DUNNE OFFERED NEW CONTRACTS!

The pair have been made Mark Hughes' Priority.

Also LA Galaxy have offered Ronaldinho a salary worth £25milion a year. Not even Thaksin can compete with that.

AND

Rumours suggesting City's Eagle badge will be replaced with an elephant have been dismissed my City Executive Gary Cooke.

AND

Gary Cooke has assured the premier league that they will not buy any players who are have third party ownership as this is against league rules. it has been rumoured that striker JO is owned by the same people that owned Tevez.

That is all x
Reply 76
Ronnie going to MLS? I don't think so.. He will only ever want to play at the highest European Level... Even at £25m, i doubt he will go... I will even bet on that..

Good news about Dunne i suppose, Citeh will fall apart without him (kind of).

No Jo for Man Citeh then?...
Reply 77
hmm well City seem to think Jo is on his way to manchester...

Dunne is vital, but can always be replaced, been linked to samba at blackburn.

ALSO

i dont see why ronny would want to go to MLS . . . over city... 25 million a year tho, pretty tempting
Reply 78
Dunne > Samba.. Captain to you is important.. Although im sure Hughes will choose another if Dunne goes to Pompey or wherever..

MLS is the place to go when you are almost past it, and can't handle the European circuit anymore...

And Ronnie i think will opt to stay in a top European side..

Afterall, at the right price, there will be massive interest in him, especially now.. And the MLS deal will deffo be pushed aside, and put on the 'Hell no' pile..
Reply 79
i hiope your right. if dunne went to pompet , ide be slightly annoyed. DOES PORTSMOUTH WANT OUR WHOLE DEFENCE????? DAVID JAMES, SYLVAIN DISTIN, RICHARD DUNNE . . . . . .

Latest