The Student Room Group

Edexcel A2 Course - how to self study it...

Hello all,

over the summer i am intending to self-study the whole A2 course for Geography Edexcel (option A).

I've spoken to my teacher and he has said that the geography in A2 sort of 'all fits together' for the exams.

However, provided I wanted to self-study the geography course - what would be the best way to go about it?

Is there a particular way I should address it or just take specification by specification for each of the exams?

Many thanks in advance.
Reply 1
eurgh, a nice daunting summer for you then.

For unit 4, i'd recommend buying the Phillip Allan textbook that's endorsed by edexcel (the big blue chunky one).
For unit 5, research lots of case studies for all the points in the specification.. theres a lot of overlap if you choose the right ones.
For unit 6, again, learn lots of case studies, for the essay on the synoptic paper you need to use at least 8 case studies (according to my teachers).

And i don't see much point in doing all 3 options on unit 4 & 5 like most schools do, just choose 2 in each and learn them well.
Reply 2
If you are doing Edexcel B I recommend the Phillip Allen revision guides (the small green ones)- they are unit specific and really useful!! Also out of interest how do you go about doing the coursework, when self teaching? Good luck :smile:
Reply 3
bet you don't do it ! i thought i was going to try and to a bit of prep for A levels in the summer, never happened atall. just have a well deserved break :smile: you will forget it all by the exams anyway imo

Latest

Trending

Trending