The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I don't think that the paper was too hard - most of the knowledge based stuff was stuff I'd revised and the application questions seemed pretty logical. Having said that, watch me go and get a dreadful mark on it now!

emma_wemma

The females XY question was okay it was the page before that - what does it matter that A and B are close to each other on chromosome?! Not a clue...

I put that it if they were closer to each other they'd be less likely to be affected by chiasmata, and just explained in a bit more detail.
Reply 61
LowRider
was there one question on crossing over? which two alleles are most frequent?

I wrote Aa Bb??

It was the most frequent Genotypes

I think I wrote AaBb and aabb
Reply 62
Jarve99
The exam is out of 75, coursework 45. 120 overall for BYB5. That's for Biology spec B anyway.

i thought mod 7 was the one thats worth 120 ums
Reply 63
_Mazza_
It was the most frequent Genotypes

I think I wrote AaBb and aabb

I wrote Aabb and aaBb I think, can't remember exactly though.

x
Reply 64
emma_wemma
I wrote Aabb and aaBb I think, can't remember exactly though.

x

You're probably right, I'm rubbish at those gene questions lol.
Reply 65
synoptic and the option is out of 120

coursework/ byb5 is out of 90
Reply 66
Katiee
synoptic and the option is out of 120

coursework/ byb5 is out of 90

That'll explain why I got an A in module 5 lol, my coursework saved me.
LowRider
was there one question on crossing over? which two alleles are most frequent?

I wrote Aa Bb??

yeah i did that.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this paper was evil. And that distance question - not a clue! I put something about having 2 eyes so more nerve impules haha i guessed alot of the questions and I worked so hard for it.
Reply 69
If you want to see some answers to particular questions in this test, Refer to this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=605481
Reply 70
Dreamy_whisper
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought this paper was evil. And that distance question - not a clue! I put something about having 2 eyes so more nerve impules haha i guessed alot of the questions and I worked so hard for it.

That question was so hard, didn't know how to get the full 4 marks!
I just described diagram, then said visual sensory area makes an image cos theres 2 different angles so it's 3D - not a clue!

Easily hardest paper I've done!

x
JOYEESANG
If you want to see some answers to particular questions in this test, Refer to this: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=605481

that thread makes it even more depressing:frown:
Reply 72
AQA are withdrawing the syllabus soon, I think that’s why the papers are getting harder :frown: They did this the last time they were about to introduce new spec. I’m not looking forward to the chemistry equivalent to this.
I don't understand the point of making the papers that hard, it doesn't test your knowledge of the syllabus effectively at all :frown:
Reply 74
Vanderduck
I think that’s why the papers are getting harder :frown: They did this the last time they were about to introduce new spec. I’m not looking forward to the chemistry equivalent to this.

:dito:
Maybe theyre making it harder 'cos of all the meanies saying their getting easier.
I mean theyre introducing a new spec too.

Just a thought.

It would be okay apart from the fact that theyre NOT getting bloody easier!!
:frown:

x
Reply 75
emma_wemma
:dito:
Maybe theyre making it harder 'cos of all the meanies saying their getting easier.
I mean theyre introducing a new spec too.

Just a thought.

It would be okay apart from the fact that theyre NOT getting bloody easier!!
:frown:

x

Yeah, I can imagine there’s probably allot of pressure from the media in making things ‘harder’:whip. The paper well should be worth more UMS marks if there’s so much in the module and to revise for. Ah well, it’s over now, just have the drawn-out wait till 14th August to find out how we all did! :bebored:
The distance was a half/half question

Impulses from eyes sent via optical nerve
Meet at the chisma (they cross over)
each side of the cerbrel hemisphere get impulses from both eyes
slightly different image at each side of the brain
brain processes the image to produce
stereoscopic image

??
Reply 77
IT WAS A BIT 2 HARD! REALLLY QUITE UPSET...put a real downer on me today, and i just want to forget about it. i hope the module 6/7/8 is better!!!
bring on unit 7 lets hope the synoptic essay goes ok?
Reply 79
Thing is the 6/7/8 section B bit I think is the hardest!

It's all practical techniques and fair tests and whatnot :frown:

Any ideas on what the essay might be on?

Hope it's something like the importance of ATP, or has that already been up?

Emma
xx

Latest