The Student Room Group
Depends on your school college. May depend on whether your papers have already been sent, which they probably have.
its likely that they are going to be strict, could you ring the exam board?
Reply 3
The_Student_Room_2008
Don't be so bloody ridiculous; pull yourself together for God's sake!

erm, so youre saying...
too late or nay?
Ignore person above. Everyone has off days! Just try and contact them asap to be in with a chance
Reply 5
haha what the hell they just got banned?

their signature was pretty jokes
yer it was, said they got rejected from a uni for being arrogant and big headed.....shocker!
Reply 7
I don't think you can to be honest... did you say something to anyone during the exam? I fell down concrete steps before i had an exam right before and didn't tell any member of staff... my ankle was killing me and i later found out i had sprained it. I was told of the whole special consideration thing... but it was only available for the exams after i sat after the accident which wasn't any help and to be quite frank i couldn't be bothered with it all.

But if you did mention it to someone during the exam then maybe you can? It probably depends on the severity of your case... not to be rude but a lot of peeps suffer from hayfever to be honest so it could have been argued that you should have been prepared with medicine or whatever. My friend asked for special consideration for hayfeever, and she was allowed... im not sure if it will make a HUGE difference though.
Reply 8
Just go and give it to them, it's worth a try tbh.
Reply 9
If you can contact the exam board by phone or email or something to explain, then that would be a good idea. If not then you'll just have to try and give it in on monday. But it won't affect your exams too much, cos the exam boards are really stingy with extra marks now:
2% Probably the most common category of allowance. The majority of cases might fall within this category:
• minor illness at the time of the assessment;
• broken limb on the mend;
• recent viral illness;
• concussion;
• effects of pregnancy (not pregnancy per se);
• hay fever on the day of an examination;• extreme distress on day of examination;
• allowance on last paper taken in a day when candidate has exceeded 5 hours 30 minutes at GCSE or 6 hours at AS/A Level.

http://www.jcq.org.uk/attachments/published/538/Final%20%20RAG%2007-08.pdf

Latest