The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

PianoMan1
hu's doin all nighters

i'm gonna get my beauty sleep, lol, screw biology...even though i know i need at least 15 hours or so to even prepare for unit 6..let's just hope i can write something in the exam, W2 wasnt too bad either
well, so far it looks like netherlands and italy will be going to the quarter-finals...stupid stupid italy, show offs..
emily.lh
and its combined with coursework.
good or bad depending on how well we did in our coursework

my bio teachers were lazy and stupid so didnt bother to do cwk, instead they made us do the W2 paper Grrrrrrr...
Reply 102
a C is nt gud enought for me i flopped both U4 and U5..im on the verge of retaking this ****ing yr!
Reply 103
roberto775544
how nasty would a 15 mark question essay question be on hormones ( FSH and LH and all that.... )?

and i havent seen it in years either

i'd love an essay on hormones!I mean, chemical coordination in animals and plants...

There isn't that much to freak you out...

-types of hormones (steroid/peptide/amide)
-how they function i.e. secreted from endocrine glands in small quantities, transported in bloodstream, binding to receptor cells etc.
-roles of insulin and glucagon, adrenaline
-role of ADH and osmoregulation
-progesterone, oxytocin, prolactin, FSH, LH, oestrogen

in plants:
- growth hormones: cytokinins, auxin, ethene, abscisic acid etc...

Here's hoping for me :rolleyes:
Reply 104
they seem to be quite low grade boundaries
anyway after the hugely ambiguous unit 5 exam i have no respect for edexcel and cant be arsed anymore
tomthebum
yeah i heard that if you did get nothing on the essay but aced the front load of qs you will come out with a C

not necessarily, if you get every question right and dont bother with essay you should get a B
Reply 106
the essay questions tend to be alrite, they have to ask you something that covers 2 or more units and so there tends to be a lot to write about

but ye hormones would be good
emily.lh
they seem to be quite low grade boundaries
anyway after the hugely ambiguous unit 5 exam i have no respect for edexcel and cant be arsed anymore

I thought that the unit 5 exam wass ok, but physics unit 5 (paper and practical) was impossible and unit 6 wasnt that easy either
torchwood
I thought that the unit 5 exam wass ok, but physics unit 5 (paper and practical) was impossible and unit 6 wasnt that easy either

unit 6 physics...was good till i saw the last 4 pages, almost left them blank, then i decided i might just ramble about any rubbish, get one or two marks...damn the 2 hours are n owhere near enough!!
did you know that you could cheat by contacting a student (edexcel international) that is in another tome zone and may have done the test before you, e.g. china is 7 hours in front of england
Reply 110
how about somthing on transcription/translation and genetic mutations?
gorilla_baby
unit 6 physics...was good till i saw the last 4 pages, almost left them blank, then i decided i might just ramble about any rubbish, get one or two marks...damn the 2 hours are n owhere near enough!!

how many marks do you think you got
tomthebum
how about somthing on transcription/translation and genetic mutations?

that would be a godsend:biggrin:
torchwood
how many marks do you think you got

dont know about got, but i know i lost at least 18-20 marks..
gorilla_baby

how did you find unit 5
Reply 115
ye definitely theres been a question like that before
jan 03 synoptic, just looking at it now
along with roles of pigments
Reply 116
sure would be, and it looks mighty lilkey....i think unit 1 may be a common theme for the paper as it didnt come up in unit 5, which was a **** of an exam
Reply 117
just a question, is it tomorrow morning or afternoon this stupid exam?
gorilla_baby
dont know about got, but i know i lost at least 18-20 marks..

i lost about the same discussing answers with friends after the exam
Nonloso
just a question, is it tomorrow morning or afternoon this stupid exam?

LOL

afternoon

Latest

Trending

Trending