x-pixie-lottie-x
it isnt even possible for me to get an A lol
hoping ill at least get a C tho :| eeeeek
i only just passed the jan exam cuz id been ill n so couldnt revise :frown:
x

me too!!!!
what have you got in your past modules?
Reply 82
is anyone revising compare and contrast?
Reply 83
Alison267
Is jesus not allowed to dance?!

i would say posting pictures of a cartoon jesus dancing is kinda like taking the mick.
Reply 84
chloedp
is anyone revising compare and contrast?

not really. i havent a foggiest on how to do such an essay but in class i did one and made it up and got 28/30. i used things like whether there was gender or cultural bias, the ability to generalise, the research method etc as things to compare and contrast.
monica7790
i would say posting pictures of a cartoon jesus dancing is kinda like taking the mick.

Okayyy.. fair enough.

Well i've not done any revision for the past 2 hours, so i am now going to disconnect my internet as a last resort :biggrin:
Good luck revising!
Reply 86
monica7790
not really. i havent a foggiest on how to do such an essay but in class i did one and made it up and got 28/30. i used things like whether there was gender or cultural bias, the ability to generalise, the research method etc as things to compare and contrast.

i meant for treating mental disorders no 3!
Reply 87
chloedp
i meant for treating mental disorders no 3!

oh sorry, i dont do that. im doing Q2. just realised im in the wrong thread lol
Reply 88
Right what's everyone doing for the cultural/gender bias questions? I don't think we can really learn essays for these can we? As it could ask about bias in studies or research or both, and it's also asked before like just to talk about 2 studies which show cultural bias, for example. So are you just trying to learn different examples of it and the main definitions, and hoping it will all fall into place in the exam??
Reply 89
how many actual marks do i need to get from 121/210 UMS marks?
Reply 90
mrblue
how many actual marks do i need to get from 121/210 UMS marks?

Totally depends of grade boundaries, but last year PYA5 was something like 57/94 for 80UMS. I need 118/210 for an A but I really don't know if I'll even get that at this rate! Do you think you'll be able to get your 121?
Reply 91
pcok
Right what's everyone doing for the cultural/gender bias questions? I don't think we can really learn essays for these can we? As it could ask about bias in studies or research or both, and it's also asked before like just to talk about 2 studies which show cultural bias, for example. So are you just trying to learn different examples of it and the main definitions, and hoping it will all fall into place in the exam??

Even though you support Manchester United, I'll answer your question...

I'm going to revise the main studies that show cultural bias and then basically revise a general cultural bias essay. Just making sure I know the definition, some key points and a good evaluation.
Reply 92
you basically have done the same as me then *high 5*

i really wish our teacher told me our coursework marks but she wouldnt because she said they could change (which they hardly ever do) and told us if she told us we wouldnt revise as hard for this or just think theres no hope if we did crap!

i think iv at least got a c in the coursework, so that would leave me needing a b/c in this so i think its possible, just hope the right questions come up.

if anxiety disorders come up i will literally panic and cry :P
Reply 93
Even though you support Manchester United, I'll answer your question...

I'm going to revise the main studies that show cultural bias and then basically revise a general cultural bias essay. Just making sure I know the definition, some key points and a good evaluation.

You should be answering me because I support Man U! :p: Who do you support then; I thought people from Chester support Man U?

That's quite a lot to revise, but I guess that's what we need to do really. Are you doing gender too?
urgent help needed. My laptop crashed:mad: an hour ago :eek: while i was printing all my practice essays i need some essay the following topics :

treating mental disorder by Behaviorual therapies
culture bias

others all i have with me now (thank god i printed them) but except these 2 can any one help me pl? ;please;
life is beautiful
urgent help needed. My laptop crashed:mad: an hour ago :eek: while i was printing all my practice essays i need some essay the following topics :

treating mental disorder by Behaviorual therapies
culture bias

others all i have with me now (thank god i printed them) but except these 2 can any one help me pl? ;please;

Culture Bias:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=605513
Reply 96
Please may somebody reply to my SSR thread? I'm waiting for a reply before I learn the SSR stuff so t'is quite important for me :smile:
Reply 97
pcok, I'm not from Chester I'm just going to Uni there (probably).

I'm a Liverpool fan :smile:

Edit: And no I'm not going to bother with Gender Bias. Revising SSR and Culture should ensure I have at least one to do out of 4 + 5.
Reply 98
pcok

erm for gender bias i know studies like freud, gilligan and kohlberg. and research about media effects.

for cultural i know about kohlberg and mohaggam statement about theories to do with economic relationships. then i go onto cultural bias in research based upon cross cultural context, and how by using your own cultures beliefs and as a basis u can develope false conclusions when looking at different cultures.

thank you so much u saved me ;thumbsup;

Latest

Trending

Trending