The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

pamelaa
*Can't say I have though I'm not sure if you're being serious or not.

Why would I joke:biggrin: ?
Reply 21
i'm pretty sure fairy liquid will kill your hair and scalp as it contains strong detergent
Reply 22
It'll irritate your scalp and dry your hair out horribly. It'll make your hair get greasier quickly because you'll strip it of its natural oils, making it over-compensate by producing more.

Don't do it, it'll ruin the condition of your hair.

Solid shampoos, like the ones Lush do, can help with greasy hair, and if you go in there and talk to them about your hair and its problems, they'll be really eager to help you pick out the products that are right for you. Bit expensive, but yummy. They also a liquidy one with salt particles in, which is good if you get spots on your scalp.

TresEmme Deep Cleansing shampoo is pretty good for greasy hair.

P.S Don't buy T-Gel! It's made by Neutrogena, they kill whales! Also don't use Pantene products. Shampoo should go on hair, not in little bunnies' eyes :frown:
lodzinski
Quite a powerful surfactant and slight abrasive - contains salt etc (exactly why you shouldn't wash a car in it) probably wont do much harm now and again, but why not just get a shampoo for greasy hair (smoething with citrus like lush's jumping juniper)??

Lush's Jumping Juniper is excellent for greasy hair. Surely washing up liquid would just strip your hair of its oils making it get greasy again?
Reply 24
I washed my hair with fairy liquid last night to remove product build up and then used a deep conditioning mask afterwards. My hair is now really shiny and clean!!
I wash my hair every night, and by the next evening it begins to get greasy, but i wouldn't like to not wash it every day, so i wash it everyday, if that makes sense!
bionic07
i'm pretty sure fairy liquid will kill your hair and scalp as it contains strong detergent

Hardly a strong detergent, since you can put your hands in it when washing up. If it was strong enough to kill hair or do any real, lasting damage then you wouldn't be able to wash up with it.

I wouldnt do it regularly, but its worth a try, I suppose. Just be careful it wont turn your hair green!
Reply 27
how can you compare hands to hair? Hands are protected my layers and layers of cells that make up the skin's layers, but the hair is a cell on it's own without any protection except the natural oils, which fairy liquid would strip away in an instant.
bionic07
how can you compare hands to hair? Hands are protected my layers and layers of cells that make up the skin's layers, but the hair is a cell on it's own without any protection except the natural oils, which fairy liquid would strip away in an instant.

I merely meant that fairy liquid isnt a strong detergent. Really, it isn't.

Anyway, clearly it isnt as bad for the hair as you make out, since people here are saying they've done it and haven't lost all their hair. :rolleyes:
Reply 29
The long term effects will not be good after persistent use!
Reply 30
MakingMoves
Ever tried washing your hair with a bar of soap:biggrin: ?

that is not good
Reply 31
T-Gel is a shampoo. Usually for danddruff. But it does get rid of the grease.

Fairy liquid - yes as someone said, will strip your hair of its proteins.

Shampoos. stick to them.

and just conditioner your ends.
Reply 32
T-Gel is made by Neutrogena. THEY KILL WHALES!
Reply 33
abc101
It'll irritate your scalp and dry your hair out horribly. It'll make your hair get greasier quickly because you'll strip it of its natural oils, making it over-compensate by producing more.

Don't do it, it'll ruin the condition of your hair.

Solid shampoos, like the ones Lush do, can help with greasy hair, and if you go in there and talk to them about your hair and its problems, they'll be really eager to help you pick out the products that are right for you. Bit expensive, but yummy. They also a liquidy one with salt particles in, which is good if you get spots on your scalp.

TresEmme Deep Cleansing shampoo is pretty good for greasy hair.

P.S Don't buy T-Gel! It's made by Neutrogena, they kill whales! Also don't use Pantene products. Shampoo should go on hair, not in little bunnies' eyes :frown:

:frown:
Reply 34
Hm. I'll try a tiny bit tomorrow :biggrin:
What.The.Fizzuck.
It takes the hair dye outta your hair.
But i have greasy hair too and also very thin hair,
I find putting a small amount of talc on my roots and working it in helps.
but becareful it makes your hair slightly greyish! haha!
Reply 37
T gel is alright for use once in a while but I found it built up and left my hair lank and heavy if i used it too much.

All i'd recommend is not using as much product, not conditioning all your hair i only condition the bottom inch, and stuff like that.
My grandma told me as a child/teenager her mum never bought shampoo, just washing up liquid, and she had amazing hair back then :h:.
Reply 39
*******s! !

Latest