The Student Room Group

really random question about glasses..

Don't even know if this is the correct place to put this thread..

But at the moment I wear glasses for close up work and stuff. I have kinda curved rectangular shapped glasses with a small frame around them. Nothing designer, just you box standard pair of glasses.
Put you know frameless styles? Does it reduce the constant frame outline that your can see when wearing the glasses.. if you get what i mean??
Reply 1
Your post doesn't even make sense :confused: what exactly are you asking?
I understand....yes I would assume it does make a difference, but probably for the better if you don't want to see the rims!
Reply 3
I think she means the fact that when you wear glasses you can see the frame of the glasses around your eyes..

I've never worn the frameless kind, but I think that you'd still see a bit of an outline but greatly reduced. My advice is to shoot for contacts, no frames what so ever :biggrin:
RJFarmer
I think she means the fact that when you wear glasses you can see the frame of the glasses around your eyes..

I've never worn the frameless kind, but I think that you'd still see a bit of an outline but greatly reduced. My advice is to shoot for contacts, no frames what so ever :biggrin:

You still need glasses for those mornings and evenings when you simply can't wear contacts!
I understand what you mean.
If you wear glasses all the time, like I do, you don't even notice the border when blurry begins unless you conciously look for it. I don't think rimless glasses would reduce this.

You could get a really massive old-style pair though, and then obviously the area you're looking through would be bigger.
my dad has frameless ones...it does make a little difference but glasses are still glasses.
i wanna get contacts but when i tried to last year the optician couldnt get them in my eyes..
tropical-twist3
my dad has frameless ones...it does make a little difference but glasses are still glasses.
i wanna get contacts but when i tried to last year the optician couldnt get them in my eyes..

Argh I tried and failed for about an hour in the opticians, took them home and practiced a little more and they eventually worked. It was akward though, having to take them out and put them back in againa nd again and felt really strange.

But...glasses do give you an alternative look when you want it, but they're so comfortable and easy, especially when you're just lounging around the house or something.
phillysteakwrap
Argh I tried and failed for about an hour in the opticians, took them home and practiced a little more and they eventually worked. It was akward though, having to take them out and put them back in againa nd again and felt really strange.

But...glasses do give you an alternative look when you want it, but they're so comfortable and easy, especially when you're just lounging around the house or something.

yea but theyre annoying when you're lying down on your side, the arm gets in the way on the side of your head...and also for cinema dates! theyre the worst!
lol I never notice my rims. Hmm...
yeah dude i used to have normal glasses and then i got the half rim ones (bottom half has no rim) and yeah it makes a difference
tbh i dont know about the ones with no rims at all, probably weaker and also look a bit peadophile imo..

and regarding contacts yeah its all about how much you use them, i hated them at first but once you get using them (for me it was about a month non stop of using dailys) then you have pretty much learnt it for life.
but its reallllllyyyy not a good idea to try sport with them for the first month
in the first week i wore contacts (i had them for waterpolo) i got splashed and one went round the back of my eye and thats an absolute bitch
it isnt painful so to speak, but man i was scared
oh yeah and your eye doesnt stop watering for at LEAST 2 hrs afterwards...
Reply 11
Contacts just scare me, maybe one day though.

I dont usually notice the frame around my eyes anymore, apart from now of course because Ive started to think about it.
You don't really notice the frame anyway.

I have half-rim frames yet I can still consciously see the blurry bit at the bottom (the rimless part) where the lens curves...
phillysteakwrap
You still need glasses for those mornings and evenings when you simply can't wear contacts!

I wear my contacts from when I wake up to when I go to bed. o-o;;
Reply 14
Ok thanks guys
lol i no its an odd question!
and i've had glasses for like 5 years and i still manage to notice the rims.. perhaps i should just stop thinking about it!
And i can't get contacts because i don't need my glasses all the time. and if i could i wouldn't.. they kinda scare me.. and anything going in my eye just kinda creeps me out!
I have rimless glasses, and I do find that the edge botherss me far less. If I think about it, yes, I can see the edge on the outside edges, but nothing big. I also find that they are quite good if you want to make it less noticable that you are wearing glasses.
Just got a lovely pair of rimless specs and the "frame" is much less noticeable. However, the lenses have to be held somehow so there are these two little "dots" on the side of either lense which takes a bit of time to get used to. It's like a little smudge that won't go away.

But otherwise, can't complain.
Reply 17
I wear rimless. It does reduce the outline but it is still there. It is slightly less intrusive on your vision - as in you dont have a blue/black/silver/whatever colour line around what you can see but i wouldnt say it makes a huge difference. I agree with Prince Rhyus though, the dots can be a tad annoying at times. I wouldnt go back to rimmed glasses though - i love these too much!
Reply 18
you can still see the rims but not as badly
Spotty Dog
I wear my contacts from when I wake up to when I go to bed. o-o;;

Wow, I put them in after I've had a shower, but by about ten hours later, I really have to take them out as my eyes go red and dry.

Latest

Trending

Trending