The Student Room Group

A2 philosophy on wed 18th PANIC!

Hi, anyone else doing this exam and actually feeling confident about it? and more specifically doing Mill and political philosophy units?
I need an A but really dont think its gonna happen tbh. got an A in two units last year and a C in one but retook that one. really worried bout this year though cos its so much harder and my teacher is a nice guy but the worst teacher ive ever met in my life, i swear we havnt even done the whole syllabus for political philosophy and for Mill i just dont really know how to revise. Basicly just gonna have to cram between now and wed and hopefully scrape an A overall. Just wondering if there's anyone else in the same boat?
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. will be so glad when this is all over. any notes anyone has or anything will be much appreciated..

Cheers
Reply 1
Dont panic on the 18th!!!!!!

thats when its my bday:p:
im not feeling confident at alllll.

and im on an E grade from lat year so im in trouble. im doing polit - philo and aristotle, i really hope i got a good grade on unit 6. :frown:
im doing philosophy of mind and Hume

I would help if I was doing anything similar to you...
:smile:
Good luck anyway! Just bull**** your way through!
Reply 4
I am doing the same and yes, Mill is impossible to revise. I would suggest looking at the summaries on Sparknotes and readingloads of polititcs notes. I have an exam today that took up all my revision time so I have one day to revise for Philosophy. I don't think I'm gonna get that great a grade.
Reply 5
Yeah I'm taking Philosophy of Mind and Ayer. What's everyone's teacher's predicted will come up on the paper? I'm going to ask mine later, will be interesting to see if everyone's says the same or not!
Reply 6
championsleague1
Hi, anyone else doing this exam and actually feeling confident about it? and more specifically doing Mill and political philosophy units?
I need an A but really dont think its gonna happen tbh. got an A in two units last year and a C in one but retook that one. really worried bout this year though cos its so much harder and my teacher is a nice guy but the worst teacher ive ever met in my life, i swear we havnt even done the whole syllabus for political philosophy and for Mill i just dont really know how to revise. Basicly just gonna have to cram between now and wed and hopefully scrape an A overall. Just wondering if there's anyone else in the same boat?
aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhh. will be so glad when this is all over. any notes anyone has or anything will be much appreciated..

Cheers

I'm doing Mill and political philosophy, what college you at? just read summurays (sp) of ideologies, good points and bad points and have examples for Mill and politics. good luck, ps. good post on the private school thread :wink:
Reply 7
how did everyone find it?
Reply 8
The Mill question was an absolute godsend. I could not have been happier with my performance on that question in the slightest. I reckon I did worse on politics, but not horrifically.I hope I got at least a C on it. I'm pretty sure I got a B/A on the Mill paper though. How about everyone else?
Reply 9
Ayer question was amazing too :-) pretty happy with philosophy of mind too.

Shame about my biology synoptic :frown:
baaaaaad

i messed up :frown: no A for me.
Reply 11
Part C on Mill put me off. What are the harm principle's social and political aims? It's a principle, it doesn't have aims...

Latest

Trending

Trending