The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

missgenes
hi is anyone doing the tba on unit 6 for french ? or am i the only 1 lol?! all the discussions seem 2 b about discursive!

Im doing the TBA one ..feeling left out that everyones doing discursive!

How are you revising!?
Reply 21
It's about 28/40 on the discursive essay for an A actually. Which is interesting.
kates:)
It's about 28/40 on the discursive essay for an A actually. Which is interesting.

thats not that surprisingly high..do you know the boundaries for the TBA one?
Reply 23
FinalFinish
thats not that surprisingly high..do you know the boundaries for the TBA one?

no sorry, we've only ever done the discursive. to be honest i don't even know what TBA stands for!
Oh lord I'm terrified. How much is the weighting for listening, reading and writing and the essay? On the Edexcel website it says 40% of the A2 but in total it's 100 marks, which is 30%, not 40%? And how much is coursework and oral worth of the A2
no sorry, we've only ever done the discursive. to be honest i don't even know what TBA stands for!

TBA - Task Based Assignment? =/
Reply 26
BeautifulGirlxxx
Oh lord I'm terrified. How much is the weighting for listening, reading and writing and the essay? On the Edexcel website it says 40% of the A2 but in total it's 100 marks, which is 30%, not 40%? And how much is coursework and oral worth of the A2

oral was 15%
coursework was 15%
exam is 20% (10% essay, 5% listening, 5% reading)
obviously double them for the A2 itself but those %'s of the overall A level
:smile:

really? i keep getting that and my teacher tells me its a C
:s-smilie:
1pamplemousse1
really? i keep getting that and my teacher tells me its a C
:s-smilie:

60% is typically an A, which sounds very generous, I know. :biggrin:

I doubt you'll be allowed to slow down the recording with the computer. And if you are, I'm sorry but I'll be very angry. In Lincoln we still use cassettes and CDs, and it certainly wouldn't be fair on poor old me...
Reply 29
We're using computers for the first time this year too. Normally there's a little snail button thing which slows down the recording, but we've been told it will be disabled (no idea how) for the exam.
We use tapes too, still, johnny, so don't worry you won't be the only one annoyed!
Reply 31
learn 'politics'....you'll thank me tomorrow :wink:
Reply 32
We use cassettes too. I didn't even know you could use computers!
I'm so scared about tomorrow! :frown:
Reply 34
*Miss-Brightside*
I'm so scared about tomorrow! :frown:

Me too!
Daxx

Excuse me? :confused:
Reply 36
Since politics is a big part of the A2 syllabus it's a bit like saying learn the environment or any of the other A2 topics.

Since they give you lots of options you'll be safe with whatever you learn.
Reply 37
Daxx

:eek:
what do u know?
TBH, The German was very weird. The only real topic that came up that we've done was environment, and I didn't even understand the question. The other three were to do with a) death penalty b) smoking and c) athletes using drugs

all of which are reasonably accesible
Reply 39
That's why I've learnt all the topics because if I don't understand the environment question, I can do the science and technology question or politics or world affairs question etc.

Sometimes the questions are so obscure I think I'd be better off writing the letter question.

From the past papers, I quite like the creative one where they give you the title.

Latest

Trending

Trending