The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Erm they allow retakes whatever
Reply 2
MC REN
Erm they allow retakes whatever

I mean, I'm doing my A2 exams now. If I gained a B overall, would they rather I took the entire A level in a "gap year" or put down my B on UCAS and explained that I was retaking modules?

If I declined my A2 exams, could I just put my AS grade on my UCAS form and not mention my A2 exams? :s-smilie:
Reply 3
No-one on here can answer your question with any degree of accuracy.

This is between you and your college of choice. Contact them.
Reply 4
It's just nice to have a rough idea. :smile:

I am yet to choose a college as I want to visit them first, but thanks. I'll try contacting the ones I am interested in.
Reply 5
There is no "rough idea" beyond those you outlined in your original post. They *might* even take you with a B in English, if the mitigating circumstances are mitigating enough!

Once you know your grade for sure, and know which college you're dealing with, you'll be able to get a better idea. At the moment, however, nothing any of us say - no matter how informed we are - can be in any way accurate. There's no central way of dealing with situations like this, and it is a matter for the colleges' discretion.

I'm not deliberately trying to be unhelpful...that's just the way it is!
Reply 6
epitome
There is no "rough idea" beyond those you outlined in your original post. They *might* even take you with a B in English, if the mitigating circumstances are mitigating enough!

Once you know your grade for sure, and know which college you're dealing with, you'll be able to get a better idea. At the moment, however, nothing any of us say - no matter how informed we are - can be in any way accurate. There's no central way of dealing with situations like this, and it is a matter for the colleges' discretion.

I'm not deliberately trying to be unhelpful...that's just the way it is!

You're not being unhelpful, I understand! :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending