The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'd just revise to be honest, there's no much to do. It's more about showing the fact you can interpret normal situations psychologically than revising loads of facts and figures.

All you need to know really is Freud's psychodynamic way of thinking and Bandura's Behavioural thinking. And Freud and Behavioural comes up in all the psychopathology so you should pick it up from there really.
Yh Im hoping I can wing it as well as I hae revised the above and dont really know what else to do!
x
Reply 3
I just need to not fail and i've hardly revised them. I mean after 2 years of studying you must remember something?
well Im hoping it will all come flooding back :wink:
i think if you know the basic strengths and weaknesses
and for example
what to mention in psychoanalytic case studies or behavioural experiements then that's all you need

you can't do much else

that's all i'm doing anyway
Reply 6
Lol I damn well hope so!
If you know enough psychodynamic, evolutionary and behavioural to have got decent marks on the other 4 papers (not counting coursework, although that has a fair bit of evolutionary in it if you do the lonely hearts one), then you'll be fine with "winging it" with Approaches, in the same way that no one really revises for Research Methods because they already know it all. But make sure you apply the approaches to the questions!
Reply 8
RightSaidJames
If you know enough psychodynamic, evolutionary and behavioural to have got decent marks on the other 4 papers (not counting coursework, although that has a fair bit of evolutionary in it if you do the lonely hearts one), then you'll be fine with "winging it" with Approaches, in the same way that no one really revises for Research Methods because they already know it all. But make sure you apply the approaches to the questions!

You sound just like my psychology teacher lol. He says to keep referring it to the question to get the marks and those are the three approaches he chose to teach us.
We will find out tomorrow...
Reply 10
i bloody hope u can wing it, infact i hope i can wing the whole exam otherwise im screwed:frown:
although sadly i already know im not going to uni etc cos i cocked up english.. goodbye to tht B, and i need an A in psych tomorrow to get an A overall, and tht is my last chance of getting into uni...
ah well now im rambling..
but yeh i hope its possible lol
it certainly worked for me.

i did no approaches work or revision wotsoever.

got an A on PYA5.

get in.
Reply 12
LilLizzieLee
it certainly worked for me.

i did no approaches work or revision wotsoever.

got an A on PYA5.

get in.

wish i was u! lol
fizzie90
i bloody hope u can wing it, infact i hope i can wing the whole exam otherwise im screwed:frown:
although sadly i already know im not going to uni etc cos i cocked up english.. goodbye to tht B, and i need an A in psych tomorrow to get an A overall, and tht is my last chance of getting into uni...
ah well now im rambling..
but yeh i hope its possible lol

bless you!! i hope you get an A :smile: if u get an A its blatently thanks to my approaches notes :tongue: haha
ive done not as half as much revision as i should have today but tomorrow il cram in some last minute revision i think...what grade are u on atm B?
Reply 14
does anyone have any sample essays for the approaches so i can kinda get a feel for how much crap i have to write ?
Can you wing it? Only if you have some knowledge to back you up.

I winged it last year and got a big fat U.
Reply 16
xjust_an_angelx
bless you!! i hope you get an A :smile: if u get an A its blatently thanks to my approaches notes :tongue: haha
ive done not as half as much revision as i should have today but tomorrow il cram in some last minute revision i think...what grade are u on atm B?

thanks, i really need an A, if not only to prove to myself tht i dnt fail everything!
lol, yehhhh they are ace btw, just wish u did evolutionary approach as well hahaha!
urm... i need 85 for an A tomorrow, assuming i got a C in the last paper, so i guess i have a C atm? maybe 25marks off a B

good luck to u as well, wt do u need and wt u on?
jay234
does anyone have any sample essays for the approaches so i can kinda get a feel for how much crap i have to write ?

It's pretty much half a page of normal-sized writing per 6 marks, the same as in the AS Level modules.
lol i got A in unit 1 D in unit 2 retook unit 3 and 4 so god knows tbh!! i got a high A in the coursework though which was sent off in january so im still capable of getting an A, if i dont know the answer i will rely on my brain i think!! apparently cos i got a D on one paper i cant lose 59 marks across unit 3/4/5 so i doubt i can get an A although i am confident on unit 3 + 4.. sigh this time tomorrow it wud be alll over
:smile:
Reply 19
lol, yeh, welllll hope u get an A, i got A on unit 1+3+6, and a high B on unit 2, and then i think a C in unit 4!
it wnt alll be over for me lol, cos im doing psych at uni if i ever get there lol
anyway, im off, so goodluck in PYA5 everyone, lets pray for schizophrenia, ssr/cultural issues and a nice approaches question!!
x

Latest

Trending

Trending