The Student Room Group
Reply 1
i think i did the OCR board, i did the effects of weather on mood for my investigation and for my article coursework i looked at an article on the person who carried on the virginia tech massacre.
oh well im in the same situation as you!! i decided to look into weather and mood too but i narrowed it down to the effects of light on mood.

we got given a huge ist of things we could do, if i find it, il post a few of them up here!!
Reply 3
There's loads of ideas to inspire you on PsychBLOG:

http://www.psychblog.co.uk/coursework-inspiration/inspiration-ideas

Enjoy.
well thats the list i had ^^^^

so there you go :smile:
Reply 5
some advice would be to think of a topic and before you start your coursework try and find theories or studies that relate to it (2 preferably). i picked mine then realised it was bloody hard to find any studies on it!
Memory is quite easy- lots of studies. Though it's quite dull :s-smilie:
I did my investigation on The Forer Effect- basically giving people a personality analysis to see how accurate they thought it was. The trick is that you make one up beforehand and give everyone the same, but yet they think it is bloody brilliant you know all this stuff about them!

That was just my quest to show people stuff like horoscopes are a load of bull :cool:

Anyway, for my article I wrote about Mark Dixie, who lets say 'isn't a nice man'. Finding the third issue to fit the article was hard, but in the end I used 8 studies in all, so was pleased with that coursework :biggrin:
But again, if you don't want to be writing about deluded psyhos- check out all the girly mags with the 'real life stories' in them
Reply 7
8 studies?! we had a strict word limit. in psychology if your given a 1000 word limit and go over it they stop marking at the 1000 mark, evil really.
Yeah, but other than the 3 main ones (for the evidence section), the others were used just in passing that I used for the application and to contrast the 3 main studies, so I didn't write much about them. It was mainly name-dropping on my part.

The word count is a bitch. For both pieces I was over, but managed to get them down. My article word count was 997 words :cool: But I hate cutting back, because you end up with really simple sentences with no conjunctions, just commas everywhere :lolz:
Reply 9
ahh i know i spent about 2 hours trying to widdle down the word count, it really does make your work sound so simple haha, doing english language aswell i felt so stupid giving in something that sounded like it was written by a 10 year old lmao.
my article was exactly 1000 and my investigation was 1398 or sumthin like that lol, t'was a bugger anyway, glad its all over! xD
CrazyBeautiful
Memory is quite easy- lots of studies. Though it's quite dull :s-smilie:
I did my investigation on The Forer Effect- basically giving people a personality analysis to see how accurate they thought it was. The trick is that you make one up beforehand and give everyone the same, but yet they think it is bloody brilliant you know all this stuff about them!

That was just my quest to show people stuff like horoscopes are a load of bull :cool:

Anyway, for my article I wrote about Mark Dixie, who lets say 'isn't a nice man'. Finding the third issue to fit the article was hard, but in the end I used 8 studies in all, so was pleased with that coursework :biggrin:
But again, if you don't want to be writing about deluded psyhos- check out all the girly mags with the 'real life stories' in them

Im doing mine on long term and short term memory, do you know of any studies that support this?

thanks in advance

x Kelly x
I didn't actually do memory, however I think Miller is a prominent psychologist in this area. I think if you look him up it will lead you to others, but I would imagine even a simple google search would pull up loads of stuff, because there will be loads of research into it
thanks for your help guys, i did ask if i could use Miller and apparently i couldn't, silly woman(my teacher) lol.

But i finally found 2 lol. thanks for all your help though :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending