The Student Room Group

interview advice

For all those who are at Cambridge- Is it worth looking up something on the respective utor's special interests. I.e. will they expect you to know a little about what they specialize in?

Also how can u b confident without coming across arogant.

E.g. how do you answer the question: 'What makes you think that you are good enough?"
zip it123
For all those who are at Cambridge- Is it worth looking up something on the respective utor's special interests. I.e. will they expect you to know a little about what they specialize in?

Can't offer you much advice, because I'm just a lowly applicant like yourself, but I have read a little about the DoS for Physics at my college so I know something about his research area, but I have no intention of bringing it up if he doesn't.
Reply 2
i did a little research last year, but i didn't bring any of it up in interview and they didn't either. the only thing that happened like that was complete coincidence- we both happened to be reading the same book!

EDIT: i just saw your second question. the key to being confident without being arrogant is to BE YOURSELF!! I can't stress that enough. If you're comfortable and relaxed and not trying to show off, confidence will show through. I just asked around and nobody I know was asked why they thought they were good enough.

Latest

Trending

Trending