The Student Room Group
Well mine is coursework that I am finishing right now. I have written it as school coursework but I would be lying if I said I hadn't put a bit more effort in than usual since it's for Cambridge
:smile:
Is that cheating?
Trinity's cover sheet merely asked what the work was 'for', nothing about re-writes, or specially written. My teacher wrote that I'd received the normal, classroom directive - his words- on it, and that I'd spent about 2hrs on each essay. Which is true. Both I wrote from scratch, I've just had similar titles in the past - one was a critical analysis, and that was it, the other based on belief and superstition.

So yeah, i wrote em specially for Cam, but then, Trinity didn't tell me not to.
Reply 3
Wilde_Oscar
Trinity's cover sheet merely asked what the work was 'for', nothing about re-writes, or specially written. My teacher wrote that I'd received the normal, classroom directive - his words- on it, and that I'd spent about 2hrs on each essay. Which is true. Both I wrote from scratch, I've just had similar titles in the past - one was a critical analysis, and that was it, the other based on belief and superstition.

So yeah, i wrote em specially for Cam, but then, Trinity didn't tell me not to.

Oh right... I'm quoting from the Downing cover sheets and assumed they'd be the same across the university...but obviously not. I suppose that makes this thread a bit pointless/invalid then :redface:
Reply 4
Yep,

Trinity didn't specify that the work must not be rewritten. I don't see the problem with it to be honest, as long as it is your own work. They want to see your best, it's not cheating if you show them your best! :rolleyes:
Reply 5
I grabbed a random essay from last July - just the last thing I happened to get a good mark in.
Wasn't even the same subject, but I kinda liked the essay in its own way.

I know you (over-) organised people wrote things especially, and maybe I would have, but...
meh.

You clearly can't just blag it like I can. :cool: (lol)
Reply 6
Nah i reckon you're fine! I sent a bit of coursework in just because you know it's work that you've tried harder on. I reckon it's all down to interviews anyway.
Reply 7
I have to say, my German piece was more or less specially written, basically because we've never really done any proper written work in German, only précis and the like! But then, it was the startings of a potential piece of coursework, and it's all my own work, so I don't exactly feel 'guilty'. And I've applied to Trinity, so I ditto Wilde Oscar and Adhsur!

It's only been sent off today hope it gets there in time!

Latest

Trending

Trending